My New Caroll Spinney Fansite!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
That's a cool site. And it's cool that you know Caroll Spinney, or at least are in contact with him.

Hmmm, if you are in contact, there are some things I've been wondering, about Bruno. Wonder if you could ask Spinney. But I've been wondering how he was able to see what he was doing while in costume (I guess there was some kind of see-through spot in the face... the behind-the-scenes footage in the 40th annviersary DVD shows him appearing to be reading his script while wearing the mask).

And I'd like to know if there was ever an on-screen explanation for the majority of Bruno's silence (it's obvious that moving his mouth was hard when performign Oscar).

And I'd like to know when Bruno was introduced, if Caroll Spinney can remember the exact season/year.

Those "ten facts" was cool. I wonder why he didn't perform either character in that one scene in Elmo in Grouchland. And interesting about the green screen... I thought they just made Matt Vogel's costume have slightly different eyelid colors (though Big Bird's eyelids aren't green).