My Computer Hates Me (HELP!)

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I'm still making payments for this computer (bought in November), and yet it feels compelled to mess with me :stick_out_tongue:

OK, so my computer isn't letting me right click on images/videos/program icons and I can't open file explorer. If I try to do either of these tasks, the screen flashes and it goes back to the desktop.

I have Windows 8. Does anybody know what's wrong and what I can do? I tried a system restore but it didn't work. I am, to put it mildly, quite frustrated. This just started a few days ago, and I can't figure out what happened so suddenly.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
http://www.forumswindows8.com/crashes-debugging/right-click-desktop-does-not-work-8112.htm

According to these people with the same problem as you are describing, you have to reinstall Windows 8. That means somewhere along the lines, something got corrupted.

If it was just lagging, that means you have an incompatible program or driver installed.

Do NOT listen to the person telling those people to mess with System32. That can mess your computer up further.

Also, Windows 8 is meant to be used on tablets, not desktops. Yes, you can use it on desktops, but it's not optimized for it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Now I have no problem in my confidence that I do not want to upgrade to 8 anytime soon.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Oh yeah, just googling that I found so many people with all kinds of bugs and issues with it. It's like Vista all over again.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I NEVER upgraded to Vista. I held out as long as I could before I got my new 7 PC last year. XP WAS the bomb at the time, but I'm very pleased with 7; I didn't like the looks of 8 when they first announced it, it's like it came from the 90s or something...

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Like I said, Windows 8 is meant to be used with tablets or PCs with touch navigation. It's clunky and impractical for someone using a mouse. Why they are putting it on non-touch compatible computers is mind boggling.

I actually REALLY like my computer. It's amazingly fast. The only problem with it is that you have to be a computer geek just to clean the cooling fins and fan. I'm going to guess in a few months I'm going to need to replace my fan again because you have to dismantle the entire computer to access it, and I'm not that smart to do it without screwing something up.

snichols1973

Reaction score
I guess that whenever someone is having technical difficulties that keep the computer from running as it should, you could say the computer's "gone to HAL" (the electronic antagonist that goes haywire and snafus the mission in 2001: A Space Odyssey)......