Muppets with Tails...

dmoss

Reaction score
I was thinking about this the other day, and thought it would be interesting to hear what you all had to say about it!

I noticed that on the turn-around of the Fozzie Pook-a-Looz on Disney's website, there's a small, button tail on him...! I got to thinking about it, and couldn't remember if he actually had a tail or not. None of my Fozzie plushes have tails...Anyone? :embarrassed:

Also, I wonder why more of the Muppets weren't made with tails? I mean, there's no reason that Beautiful Day couldn't have had a tail, right? What about Animal? He's ambiguous enough that he could have had one. Granted, he would have looked weird with one, but I digress. What do you all think? :insatiable:

beakerboy12

Reaction score
Well remember, Leon from The jim Henson Hour was made with a tail, that is we only saw it in one episode. And all the fraggles :coy::excited:have tails. Snuffy and Sprocket had tails too! Am I forgeting any?

The one thing I wonder is "Does Rowlf have a tail"? :sympathy: I read on Muppet Wiki that when they made those Ideal muppet toys Rowlf had a tail on the toy? It really makes me wonder?

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Frogpuppeteer said:
ill ask the disturbing question....does piggy have a tail
I was just musing about that ... LOL.

I would assume she'd have it removed surgically to fit into her fashionable clothes better.

I can see most characters of species with tails just bobbing them for the sake of convenience. Though ... ow.

I always figured Animal was just a hairy humanoid. Maybe he's a monster/humanoid hybrid. Hmm ... fanfic ideas ... LOL. If Princeton and Kate got together (well, they did, and it only takes once), maybe something like Animal is what you get: a sharp-toothed humanoid with some extra hair.

SeanC

Reaction score
I know that Doglion has a little one ( you get a good look at it during the 'Beautiful Day' sketch ) and Timmy Monster has one too... well, the later version of him anyway. Most of the bird characters have tails - Big Bird, Fletcher, Betsy, Whatdayasay Bird etc... Sam probably has one too.
Rizzo has one, of course.
Despite the lack of evidence, I always imagined that Gonzo has one.
:zany:

beakerboy12

Reaction score
I bet Sam does have one, I saw the Palisades action figure of him, he does probably have a tail. :attitude:

But yes Big Bird does too! :wisdom:

I like smilies! :big_grin:

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
Bean has a tail.......hmmm trying to think of anymore

no one comes to mind but side note ive noticed Mickey Mouse at times will lose his tail

dmoss

Reaction score
Interesting thoughts...I didn't realize there were so many! Any thoughts on the Bear? I can't seem to think of any times I've seen the full-body version turned around on us for any reason... :embarrassed:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Uncle Deadly has a tail, though the puppet doesn't.

I though it was weird that they bothered to give Leon a tail, when the puppet didn't even have legs. And the only time it was shown was in the behind-the-scenes episode when the performers are performing... Interesting that Kevin Clash pointed out that it's the first time it was in the shot. If Leon ever appears in any of the Muppet comic books, I hope the artists know that he has a tail.