Muppets Now Episode 6 - Socialized

What did you think of the "Muppets Now" episode "Socialized"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Bork bork! This episode was good.

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 6 - Socialized
Disney+ Premiere: Friday September 4, 2020

Muppets Now social media intern, Robin the Frog, makes Scooter co-moderator of the social media accounts. Scooter attempts to carry out this week’s upload amidst a flood of alerts, requests, and notifications.

Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and his assistant, Beaker, receive legal lectures and accidental assistance from Muppet attorney, Joe the Legal Weasel. The Swedish Chef faces his competitor, Marina Michelson, to prove his family recipe makes the most magnificent meatball. Fozzie Bear talks shop with fellow comedian Seth Rogen, while babysitting some bad babies. Linda Cardellini and Taye Diggs indulge Miss Piggy more than usual for this installment of Lifestyle with Miss Piggy.

If you saw "Socialized" on Disney+ please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Muppets Now, Episode 6

It was... good? Fine? Nothing was bad but nothing was mindblowing. Muppet Labs was finally more than just Bunsen abusing Beaker (also thank you Joe!!!). These may have been the best Chef and interview segments. And Lifestyle was fine. Strong 6? I guess?

Luke

Reaction score
Definitely saved the best for last - I thought it was the strongest one of the series by far. The characterisation was the most on point of all.

The Muppet Labs sketch was brilliant. It really worked having Joe From Legal, he should have been with them all along, sometimes ending up as the crash test victim instead of Beaker maybe. Definitely love Joe from Legal!!!

The Chef sketch was quite funny. Good hearing Plumes inner thoughts about the Chef and that he really annoys her. The Chef's reactions at each stage could have been bigger.

Loved Piggy and Deadly in this. Great to see the Pig having a proper meltdown and the idea of her having inappropriate sponsorship's is fun. It was a good balance of the relationship between them.

It was great having a Mup Close and Personal with Fozzie. Not sure they needed the babies as a distraction. Da' Bear is funny enough!

The framing with Robin was good. I especially liked the Campaign to Buy Scooter a Better Computer. That could have been a framing concept in itself.

I really hope the guys get a second season of this and with the budget, resources and planning (actually knowing what it will end up as) to build in a bigger variety of cast and sketches.

MWoO

Reaction score
To be honest, I have lost my desire to watch the show. By episode 4 I stopped caring about the uploads and stopped watching. I have always been an avid Muppet fan, but this show seems to have turned me against the franchise. Maybe the last episode was actually good as others have said, but all I see from this show is a franchise that has lost it's spirit and is pandering to the lowest common denominator.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
To be honest, I have lost my desire to watch the show. By episode 4 I stopped caring about the uploads and stopped watching. I have always been an avid Muppet fan, but this show seems to have turned me against the franchise. Maybe the last episode was actually good as others have said, but all I see from this show is a franchise that has lost it's spirit and is pandering to the lowest common denominator.
If you didn’t like the others, you wouldn’t have liked this one. The series is stuck in a rut, and the one glimmer of hope (episode 2) didn’t pan out across the other five. Hopefully the next season is better.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Sadly, I have to agree. I haven't watched since the 3rd episode. I'll definitely check out 4-6 at some point but it's not really on the top of my to-do list. Compare that to the 2015 series where I would actively want to watch it the moment it was on.

Quazimoto

Reaction score
Finished watching the six Muppets Now episodes this weekend. Like a lot of folks here, I can't say I'm super impressed. Genuinely found the Swedish Chef and Pepe's Game Show segments to be pretty good and laughed at most of those. The rest was just sort of... there. It's almost like The Muppets have lost their heart. I don't know if it's that they're petty much all different performers now or that the writing is lacking, but there's something fundamentally missing from these modern Muppets compared to the classic ones, or even those from the last series. It's kinda sad really. I don't know that I've ever watched anything Muppets related and not wanted to re-watch it at least a few times in the future. With Muppets Now, I feel like once is enough and that you'd not really be missing anything great if you skipped it altogether, which is a terrible feeling personally, given how much the Muppets meant to me growing up.

rexcrk

Reaction score
Finally watched through the last couple episodes. I’m really not sure what to think of this show. It’s not bad.. but it’s not great. I feel like it’s sort of trying to be a variety show.. but without much variety. I think it could benefit from more and shorter skits per episode. And for goodness sake, let’s take a break from Miss Piggy. She was on this show more than Kermit, Gonzo, and Fozzie!

With a little tweaking, this COULD be really good.