Muppets in "The Costco Connection" April 2012

Borples

Reaction score
We have a Costco membership, and the monthly magazine/catalog/extended ad/whatever it's supposed to be just came in the mail today. Guess who's on the cover? I'll give you three guesses, and they're probably all correct. Kermit, Fozzie and Piggy! The headline is "Muppet mania! Their hit movie shows it's easy making green." (which strikes me as a bit off, by the way. I doubt anyone involved in the making of the film would call it easy.)

Inside, there's a three-page article. The bulk of it is brief Q&As with James Bobin, Jason Segel, Miss Piggy and Walter. One thing that struck me as interesting was that, for the Muppets, they specifically mentioned who was operating them. It's "Miss Piggy (with puppeteer Eric Jacobson)". I liked that because I sometimes find myself wondering, with print interviews, whether it is the actual Muppet/puppeteer being interviewed, or whether somebody just e-mailed some questions to a a Disney PR guy who put together some answers.

There's nothing groundbreaking, but it's fun and I'll transcribe a few bits later if anyone is interested. I wish I had a scanner, but alas, I do not.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here are the pics, already posted on Muppet Wiki. If you are trying to read the text, click on any part of an image to see a larger version.

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
Neat article. Funny that the interviewer identified herself as a Muppet fan. And can I just say again how much I love Walter? :flirt:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Awwwwwww-summmmmmm!!!! :big_grin: Hafta see about printing those out, lol.