Muppets 2009 Calendar out on 15th Sept...

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been posted yet but I have just found that a new 2009 Muppets Calendar will be published by Danilo on Sept 15th.

Its available through Amazon.com and in the UK via CalendarClub.co.uk for £7.99, other web sites also have it listed.

So far I have not managed to find any images, lets hope they give us some new decent rarer images?

http://www.amazon.com/Official-The-...=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1218138431&sr=1-3

Chris

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Any chance this will be available in stores? Or online only again?

ngreen522

Reaction score
..... guess it still didn't drop.....

*folds hands and waits patiently*

Kermieuk

Reaction score
According to amazon.co.uk this calendar is now due on October 30th 2008. It appears that it is made by Danilo regardless of country!

Still no images yet?

Chris

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I just saw images of the 2009 calendar on Amazon.com and it's very similar to the 2008 one. It is nice that there is a classic image of Scooter with Robin and Kermit though.

I'd like to see some new images and more characters at some point but i also love when classic Muppet show images are used as well rather then posers. A Muppet Movie calendar would be a cool idea or some new parodies maybe.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Well, Its nice to see the artwork at last, but, as usual nothing new here.

I also like the group piccy of Scooter, Robin and Kermit, but agree that new pics would be great to see.

Chris

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm used to writing image descriptions of the menus and felt the need to do so here.

The color-saturated, pop-art backgrounds are back, but the characters are more neatly cut around the edges here. The logo they use is a white version of the one they've been using that features the googly-holed "P"s. I wish they'd go to something more classic-looking. It introduces Miss Piggy (in a much used 60s-looking photo most fans frown on a bit), Animal (in his much used black T-shirt photo), Fozzie (classic Easter picture wearing the bunny ears), Bunsen & Beaker (the commonly used stock finger-in-ears Bunsen & surprised Beaker photo), Kermit (current seated on stool photo), Swedish Chef (invisible doobie photo), Sweetums (the only photo they use of him other than the Robin one), Scooter-Robin-Kermit (an attractive classic photo), Gonzo (that weird running one, he's wearing his yellow-red pepper shirt) and Pepe (in his folded arm pose). These images are book ended with the (90s Animal, Piggy, Fozzie, Kermit, Gonzo & Rizzo sunglasses) group shot and the newer Christmas Kermit & Piggy ladder image. The front has the Kermit thinking with Miss Piggy in the frilly pink dress while the back has the blue-gloved Piggy in her pink boa and sequined dress.

These images are nothing new and it's not a bad calendar. It does miss main characters Statler, Waldorf, Sam, Rowlf and the other four Mayhem members. I feel they could have done a better job selecting the art, but this calendar is intent on introducing the characters and branding their names on each page. That's good. I will get one. I just hope that there will be newer photographs taken for future projects like this. I much prefer the classic pictures to the 90s ones. My 2 cents. Overall effort C+ :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I still say they should bite down and take new Poser photos. Preferably new Muppet Parodies. I'd really like to see what they could do with Pirates of the Carribean on The Dark Knight....

Eagerly imagines Fozzie in makeup saying "Why so Serious?"