Muppet Wizard of Oz Pirated DVD!

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I thought I'd better post here about this. I just purchased a DVD of The Muppets Wizard of Oz from ebay here in Australia and it wasnt super cheap or anything but I needed to get it for someone else.
I wasnt going to open the packet but im glad I did, The Disc looks the same as the official release DVD but it has asian text on it, leading me to believe its a pirated DVD. This is probably the only sign that I could find to make me think its not the official DVD.

Has anyone come across a similar DVD
Or is this an official release DVD just one released in Asia?
I thought the region 1 release was the only one available but I could be wrong.

I also wanted to alert people to be on the lookout if this is a pirated dvd. I know I hate to be ripped off but even more I hate ripping off the Muppet Productions.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
its just an asian release the are usally cheper so people buy them bulk and sell them

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Are you sure theres an asian release of this movie?
Its just that its almost identical to the region 1 release, packaging and all, the disc is the only indication that its asian or pirated.

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Is the bottom of the disc purple or silver? If it's purple, then it's definitely a pirate.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
thats not nssarry true my SBSP dvds are purple from asia an they are legal

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Its silver, but I dont think that means its not pirate either, I purchased some DVDs in thailand and they are actually pressed ones, not ones made via a dvd burner and they are definately pirated ones, would never buy again either because I have to replace them with official ones anyway due to bad quality.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
Import DVD set.
Brand new and sealed.
English movie, not dubbed, chinesse subtitles are optional, can be removed.
NTSC format, work well on region 1 (USA DVD players)
DVD Description
18 DVDs in Total 110+ episodes for full season 1&2&3

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
it has no copy protection on the disc, I'm pretty sure its a pressed DVD, not just one burnt from a dvd burner. It has chinese subtitles which can be removed. It says DVD9 on the disc like lots of pirated DVDs do, even though usually they are really DVD5 with the DVD9 label. This one is a proper DVD 9.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I just got an email from the seller I got the disc from and he said that they got a batch of DVDs from the US and there were about 5 non legitimate ones, so he wants me to send it back to him, hopefully for a full refund. So be aware, especially on ebay when you buy DVDs. I will post some pictures of the pirated DVD packaging soon.