Muppet Theory: Chaos vs. Order

DTWolf

Reaction score
An editor at Slate Magazine recently published an article claiming that human beings can be divided up into two categories: Chaos Muppets (like Cookie, Animal, or Ernie) and Order Muppets (like Sam, Kermit, or Bert). All of us, she says, are basically one or the other. She gives examples using U.S. Supreme Court justices, among others. You can read the article here:

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/...t_kind_of_muppet_are_you_chaos_or_order_.html

Also, NPR's Weekend Edition has done a short interview about the piece:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/monkeysee/...ning-muppet-theory-are-you-an-ernie-or-a-bert

Hubert

Reaction score
Y'know, at first I was thinking that this theory is worthless, but now, the more I think about it, I love this theory. That everything needs the perfect balance of chaos and order Muppets to make the world function. It's outstanding logic. You just might see a post on this on my blog, Dynamite Determination, at some point in time.

I'm a chaos Muppet, by the way.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-------------
My brother sent me the article and I sent it on to many peeps. It is absolutely correct! Balance! Yin and yang! Gonzo and Kermit! Ernie and Bert!

I believe I am largely an Order Muppet...but I appreciate Chaos.
-------------

Ceris

Reaction score
I've had enjoyable discussions surrounding this. Both my husband and I are precarious balances of Oder surrounding Chaos - or the other way around. One friend is entirely a Chaos Muppet. I find it interesting that they are likely drawn to a type of Muppet that speaks to their inner type of Muppet.

Vincent L

Reaction score
What about Beauregard? He is the janitor (contributes to the show) but often does things wrong (chaos).