Muppet Show Live on YouTube

kbug67

Reaction score

Luke

Reaction score
OMG, amazing. Thanks so much for uploading this!

zns

Reaction score
That's relly neat. Sorry to say this :embarrassed: , but the audio is out of sync with the video. Still neat though.

kbug67

Reaction score
That's relly neat. Sorry to say this :embarrassed: , but the audio is out of sync with the video. Still neat though.
The Audio isnt out of sync with the video. The only reason it looks like that is because its on youtube you have a size limit of 100mb and i had to downgrade the video quality to fit inside that size limit.

When the video quality goes down it sometimes is a little jumpy and misses or adds additional frames here and there which really mess up video sometimes.

And to add to this problem your internet connection could be slow?

I do have a higher quality version on Dvd, if anybody wants a copy ill do a trade for something else.

anytimepally

Reaction score
Bill's Rowlf sounds a lot more like Bobo in this than it does these days

muppetperson

Reaction score
I remember there was a studio camera recording it, which is where this footage came from.So has it been officially released for sale?

Luke

Reaction score
I remember there was a studio camera recording it, which is where this footage came from.So has it been officially released for sale?
I think Henson just recorded it for the archives what with it being basic theatre lighting rather than full stage lighting, but it's great they spent time editing in the VT's and everything. Great footage - can't wait for the rest!

... and yeah Joe Pasquale - i think his humor is quite British anyway but he's usually funnier than that. He had some kind of connection with Henson's at the time as they used Gonzo on one of his shows here in England.

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
... and yeah Joe Pasquale - i think his humor is quite British anyway but he's usually funnier than that. He had some kind of connection with Henson's at the time as they used Gonzo on one of his shows here in England.
This is how Pasquale was on TMS Live :

Q: I have to ask about the Muppet show I need to ask about that, I know it was about 3 years ago now but the 25 anniversary of the Muppet show in LA, you were the only British act in LA, you were alongside John Voit is that right.

A: I did the Royal Variety in 93, the Muppets where on it and met the producer, he said my son is a big fan of yours, will you come and do my son's Bar Mitzvah, so i did the Bar Mitzvah Then about 10 years he phones me up says, Joe what are you doing next week, I said I’m only rehearsing for a Panto, so he said do you fancy getting to Hollywood, can you get there for next week, I said what's for, he said 25 anniversary of the Muppet show, they’ve seen your tapes and think your a human Muppet, can you get out there and do 15 minutes on your own and 5 minutes with gonzo.

Q: Go on

A: I said who else is on the show, he said a couple of locals, I don’t know who the locals are Billy Millet and his dancing chickweed. I get out there and they stick me in this trailer with John Voit, Brook Shields and Paul Williams. It was the most amazing experience being stuck in a trailer with John Voit for four days; he thought I was off my head. He said to me what are you doing, I said I was doing a Panto, they have no concept of what a Panto is in Hollywood; [in a mock American accent] what’s a Panto. It’s a bit like a musical play but its cack.

source : bbc.co.uk
:wink:

Luke

Reaction score
LOL, cool, yeah he is a bit of a human Muppet. Harry Hill's a bit like that too. I remember Gonzo did a canon stunt sketch on "An Audience With Joe Pasquale" soon after.