Muppet Show DVDs

BiggNate

Reaction score
Could someone give me a list of the guests on Vol. 11-15, cause I know they are on VHS? And on 16-20 if known?

Thanks

Nate :smile:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nate,

Tape 11 - Roy Rogers & Dale Evans, Kenny Rogers, Mac Davis
Tape 12 - Liberace, Rita Moreno, Lynda Carter
Tape 13 - Tony Randall, Beverly Sills, Pearl Bailey
Tape 14 - Liza Minnelli, Madeline Kahn, Mummenschanz
Tape 15 - Senor Wences, Lola Falana, Juliet Prowse

We don't know 16-20 yet.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Will every episode eventually be released? That would be so Rock n Roll! They could have a huge box set of every episode. WooHoo! :big_grin:

-Matt

BiggNate

Reaction score
I hope so. They're halfway there with 20 volumes. If only they could have a special features DVD with some of the older specials like "Sex and Violence" and the Valentine's Day Special.

Nate

GWGumby

Reaction score
Originally posted by Cantus Rock
Will every episode eventually be released? That would be so Rock n Roll! They could have a huge box set of every episode. WooHoo! :big_grin:

-Matt
If they kept going and released everything, it wouldn't be "The Best of The Muppet Show" any more. After volume 20 they could relabel it "The Mediocre Muppet Show" and the last 5 could be "The Dregs of the Muppet Show."

Jackie

Reaction score
Originally posted by GWGumby

If they kept going and released everything, it wouldn't be "The Best of The Muppet Show" any more. After volume 20 they could relabel it "The Mediocre Muppet Show" and the last 5 could be "The Dregs of the Muppet Show."

LOL! I would buy the Dregs of the Muppet Show!

GWGumby

Reaction score
Seriously, I consider myself quite the connoisseur of popular culture, but even before arriving at volume 20 we're welcoming special guest stars that no one has even heard of in 25 years. I suppose each of the guest were somehow notable when they originally appeared, but looking back, I don't even know half of the guest stars from the first season alone!

I know the guest stars aren't necessarily the driving force behind whether an episode is great or not, but I think it will be more difficult to market "Best of the Muppet Shop Volume 35: Jean Pierre Rampal" than Mark Hamill and Steve Martin.

CaptCrouton

Reaction score
Honestly, I don't know most of the guest stars anyway outside their interaction with Henson. On my old puppet team we determined that what made you a star was IF you appeared on the Muppet Show or in a Muppet movie. That was the one clear indicator of saying, "Yes, I have arrived in the entertainment industry."

That's why a new Muppet Show is vital for our culture. We have no Stardom Standard to measure by.

With that in mind, produce all the DVDs. It's part of the canonization process. Besides, there's enough completists out there to make it worth it.