Muppet Performer List

Digit

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where and what the original Muppet performers are up to these days? I just joined the forums today, but have been a SUPER Jim Henson/Muppet fan for 28 years.

I was watching Jim's memorial service on YouTube yesterday and it made me curious as to where all the performers are today. I'm sure there have been threads about this so a link would be great.

Thanks!:smile:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Hi there,

Wow where to start, there is so much to say about what all is going on with the Muppeters. First off I want to tell you some sad news first. Richard Hunt (Scooter Forgetful Jones) had passed away in 1991-1992 (someone will correct me on that)
with complication with AIDS. there are several links I could give you, but I'm going to give you the Richard Hunt tribut done on the MuppetCast.
The MuppetCast is a free Podcast that anyone can hear. You don't even need an Ipod. Here is the link for the Richard Hunt tribuet and the Jim Henson one done a few weeks ago with Frank OZ.
The Jim Henson Tribute: http://muppetcast.com/WordPress/page/4

Richard Hunt Tribute: http://muppetcast.com/WordPress/page/21

Ok so that covers Richard now for the other core Muppet Show Muppeters, We will srart with Frank Oz.
After co directing the Dark Cristal and Directing Muppets take Manhaten Frank found a new love, derecting movies. He has been backing away from the Muppets ever since about the late 1980's to do his own Movies. From about 1994 (Somoeone correct me again) a young man by the name of Eric Jackabson has been working on Sesame Street doing Frank's Muppets when he can not be there. Then Frank would dube over them. Then in the late 1990's the show was wanting more the the classic Muppets back on the show, Frank could not give Sesame all the time they needed him so he gave Eric his blessing to prefrom some of his Muppets. (Bert, Grover) In 2000 the Jim Henson Company had Muppetfest. Frank was busy once again, and they had Eric Prefrom Piggy via- Sattleate. It was so convincing that a lot of people thought it was really Frank. In 2003 Frank made his last apperence with the Muppets on the Today Show. Now Eric Jackabson prefroms (Fozzie Piggiy Animal and Sam)
In 2005 Jerry Nelson retired doing the Classic Muppet show Muppets full time. Jerry was at the time haveing health issus and just could not give the Muppets the time they needed. (Get better Soon Jerry)
Dave Golze and Steve Whitmere have really steped up the last few years, and taken on more responablity with the Muppets. Even helping some of the Muppets stay alive such as (Kermit Ernire Stalar and Waldorf)
There is a sort of new guy still getting his feet wet and loving it. He is Bill Beratea, and has been with the Muppets since 1996. Bill has help bring life to some new Muppets such as Pepe the King Prawn, and Bobo the Bear. He has also steped in and voiced Rowlf the dog and DR. Theeth.
This is just a little bit of a list for you we have a full who does what on this site, and here is the link.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/help/faq/muppets.shtml#7

I hope this helps and welcome abord the fun wagon!

Digit

Reaction score
THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I knew I was going to love these boards and that I would "fit right in, at the Happiness Hotel" so to speak, with all you Muppet fans!

I will dive into the links you gave me and really want to thank you for your time. The only person you didn't mention was the guy who speaks Elmo and I believe Clifford too. He was one of the 6 who sang at Jim's memorial service. Is he still with the gang?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
The only person you didn't mention was the guy who speaks Elmo and I believe Clifford too. He was one of the 6 who sang at Jim's memorial service. Is he still with the gang?
Yep! Keven Clash filled in for a lot of Franks characters in the mid nineties while frank would dub their lines in post production. He is currently busier then ever on Sesame Street these days.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hello there and welcome, and excuse the bugs and lice, sure, we have our little problems, but you'll never beat the price...

I mean, er...HI!

If you have ever had a chance to watch It's a Very Merry Muppet Movie, which was released a while ago now, it has quite a good show-case of the new performers (Eric, and Steve as Fozzie and Kermit respectively), as well as good parts with the reletively new characters such as Pepe and Bobo (both performed by Bill Baretta.)

The most exciting news currantly, though, is that they are in the process of pre-productions on a whole new movie right now!

Digit

Reaction score
I did see Merry Muppet Christmas back when it first aired and have watched it multiple times since. I thought it was closer to old school Muppets than they've been in a while. I enjoy Bill's characters....especially the Topo Sticky clip on the new Muppets.com (check it out if you don't know what I'm talking about), and the Bear from Muppets in Space.

I have heard about the new Muppet movie and am excited. But like Dark Crystal 2, I am nerveous. I always get nerveous when things so near and dear to me are brought back to life. My fear is that it will be done poorly. I had this same fear with the new Indie movei that just came out. I am hoping and praying that this new Muppet movie will be great. I'm hoping for the old quirky personality of the Muppets to once again shine through.

Digit

Reaction score
P.S. - I am glad I'm finally learning about the performers because I knew Steve was doing Kirmet but I really thought Fozzie was Frank in the Merry Muppet Christmas. So learning about Eric is interesting, and I'm glad Frank's characters are living on in responsible hands. Got to say that I think it's sweet Dave is still so involved.

P.P.S. - While the newer Christmas special was good, there's nothing the Muppet Family Christmas at Fozzie's Grandma's farm house. That is a SLAM DUNK special and I would have LOVED to bunked with them during that storm!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Yea they are two really diffrent shows to so in that regard they both are good in there own right.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I did see Merry Muppet Christmas back when it first aired and have watched it multiple times since. I thought it was closer to old school Muppets than they've been in a while. I enjoy Bill's characters....especially the Topo Sticky clip on the new Muppets.com (check it out if you don't know what I'm talking about), and the Bear from Muppets in Space.
You mean Bo Bo the security guard from "Muppets Tonight"?

Beauregard

Reaction score
I think it's Bobo (not that I'm picky! *ahem*). He was also called Rentro in Muppets From Space for no apparent reason.