Muppet movie with the best music overall?

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
What Muppet movie do you think has the best music overall (as in, score and songs).

IMO, it's The Great Muppet Caper. It has a bunch of great songs, and a great instrumental score as well. I love "The Big Red Bus" and various other sections.

What does everyone else think? What Muppet movie do you think has the best music overall?

wockawocka

Reaction score
TMM or MCC! I love "The Rainbow Connection", "Movin' Right Along", "Can You Picture That?", "It feels like Christmas", "Bless Us All", and the marley and marley song.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jeffrey Gray
IMO, it's The Great Muppet Caper. It has a bunch of great songs, and a great instrumental score as well.
I agree, you just cannot beat GMC! :big_grin:

Really!

You can't!

TOO many great songs, and, as you pointed out, a wonderfully lush instrumental score. :smile:

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
I liked the music from "The Muppet Movie" a bit more though. "Can You Picture That?" is my favorite...I'm trying to memorize Floyd's parts for that, since he is one of my favorite Muppets.

GMC also has great music, I'm bummed out that "Night Life" didn't make it on the recent TMS 25th Anniversary CD. And is it just me or does "Happiness Hotel" sound a little like "Takes A Lot Of Little Nuts To Make A Jar Of Peanut Butter" from Sesame Street?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
TravellingMatt,

Good conclusion! Both Happiness Hotel and Peanut Butter were written by the legendary songwriter Joe Raposo. That likely attributes to the similarities you mentioned. Both of these great tracks can be heard on Muppet Central Radio. We also play a lot of wonderful vocal tracks sung by Joe Raposo as well that you may enjoy.

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
Phillip...

I did know that Joe Raposo composed both songs. And while we're on the subject, is it me or does "Together Again" from MTM sound like "You're My Beautiful Baby" from SS (this song was played as footage of babies was shown)? I know Jeff Moss composed "Together Again".

Did you get the script I sent you? I sent it to the Jim Henson Company. It was my Bob McGrath TMS outline, converted into a working script.

Matt

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Matt,

Yes I got it. I liked it. Will be writing more via e-mail.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
muppets from space didn't have any music that the muppets sung but i still like it when the muppets are jamming to brick house.................
i like the kind of broadway style of muppets take manhatten, it was something different than having the muppets sing can you picture that.......although i love that song

Billy's Girl

Reaction score
I think that TMM has the best 'sing-along' songs and TMCC has the best songs if you are in a mushy mood :smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
I am torn between MTI, TMM, and TGMC, and/or TMTM.

I think that TMM is the best though