Muppet movie posters

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
No, this isn't a thread for posters for the Muppet movies. It's a thread for pictures I drew. And they jut so happen to include both the Muppets and a movie.

To show what I mean, here's a "Monsters, Inc." poster that's been Muppet-ized.

Haha! You guys didn't know that I am an artist, now did you?

Anyway, the above picture took me some of last night to draw. I think I started around somewhere close to midnight and finished a little after 1 A.M. Yeah, I had an idea, and it wouldn't stop bugging me until I finished with it.

In the "poster", Zoot, Lips and Robin are potraying Mike, Sulley and Boo (respectively). Now, you might ask, "What's Zoot doing on top?" Answer: Zoot thought that getting the top billing meant that he got the top spot.

This also marks one of the first times that I ever drew the Muppets. It was kind of hard. In fact, I had to study both the movie poster and pics of the characters to get the drawing right. Then some of the time spent drawing this was erasing and re-drawing it. And it's not colored because I didn't want to mess the picture up.

What I'm about to say might be the biggest risk in my life: As of now, I'm taking requests for Muppet-ized movie posters. To request, just name the movie and what Muppets you want in the poster. However, the number of Muppets in the "poster" has to match the number of people/characters/things in the movie poster. (I hope you guys understood that...)

Remember I said that I wasn't gonna color the pic that I made in fear of messing it up? The same is true for all the others. But the rest of you are free to color them yourselves (just credit me for the lineart).

Okay, I think I rambled long enough. Enjoy the artwork, guys!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Haha! That's really cute, AnimatedC! I really like the idea, and the drawing's pretty good too! Very neat! :big_grin:

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
Thank you, Prawnie. I'm glad you liked it.

As of now, I have decided to do more Muppet posters. I have three of them in the planning stage so far. Now, I was going to say the titles of the movies that I planned to do, but I decided against it. I will, however, leave you all clues as to which movie poster I will be Muppet-izing.

Clue #1: The leading actor in one of the movies died in a car crash before the movie was released. The film was released in the 1950s.

Clue #2: The leading actor in on of the movies was also a singer. The film's genre is romantic musical.

Clue #3: The leading actor in one of the movies is still alive and has a career in comedy. The film's genre is action comedy.

Feel free to guess the movies. I'm not revealing any answers until I finish drawing the posters.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Thank you, Prawnie. I'm glad you liked it.

As of now, I have decided to do more Muppet posters. I have three of them in the planning stage so far. Now, I was going to say the titles of the movies that I planned to do, but I decided against it. I will, however, leave you all clues as to which movie poster I will be Muppet-izing.

Clue #1: The leading actor in one of the movies died in a car crash before the movie was released. The film was released in the 1950s.

Clue #2: The leading actor in on of the movies was also a singer. The film's genre is romantic musical.

Clue #3: The leading actor in one of the movies is still alive and has a career in comedy. The film's genre is action comedy.

Feel free to guess the movies. I'm not revealing any answers until I finish drawing the posters.
1. James Dean in Rebel Without a Cause (which was released shortly after his death on September 30, 1955)

2. Hmmm...Elvis? Frank Sinatra or Dean Martin, maybe?

3. Action comedy? Like Eddie Murphy in Beverly Hills Cop? I'm probably way off the mark on this one, lol!

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
Okay, for those of you wondering when the next poster's gonna be up...

I almost have it complete. I just need to figure out how to draw a giant hole in a brick wall caused by a motorcycle accident and a figure looking out from behind said hole in the brick wall. Then, I'll be free to post that one and move on to the next one.

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
Okay, it is done!

Laidies and gentlemen... and bears, chickens, and things... and theprawncracker... and all Gonzo fans...

May I present...

"Weirdo Without a Cause"!

(Also my first time drawing Gonzo, Camilla, and Rizzo. ... Eh, I didn't do as well on Gonzo as I did on the other two... oh, well. That's being human.

Oh, and the stuff that Gonzo's standing on in the big picture is supposed to be rubble. From a motorcycle crash. See the wheel and the handlebar sticking out?)

... okay, so maybe this isn't one of my better posters. I apologize about the way it turned out (the main picture, mainly).

You know, now that I think of it, "Weirdo Without a Cause" could've been an alternate title for "Muppets from Space". Just a thought, nothing more. *sinks down into the abyss to work on the next poster*

theprawncracker

Reaction score
OH I LOVE IT! ! ! ! I really, REALLY like Gonzo standing on the rubble, that's hilarious! Rizzo looks awesome too! I love these movie posters and would really like to see more whenever you can get around to them! :big_grin:

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
Thank you, Prawnie! :smile:

You wanna know some trivia? You helped me with the idea of this poster, Prawnie. I mean, you were the first to comment on this project, and I thought, "Wow... I should do something to thank him. But what?" Well, I knew that it was gonna involve Gonzo. All I needed was the movie.

And thus, "Weirdo Without a Cause" was born.

(Also, the main picture was taken-- well, actually, there's a story to that. Y'see, when I told Gonzo that he was playing James Dean's character, he was excited. So excited that he shot himself out of a cannon... actually, I think it involved dynamite, a sledgehammer, and a motorcycle. Anyway, he crashed into the set. Later, I told him that he was supposed to be posing in front of the brick wall. His response? "... I was? ... oh. ... *whistles innocently as if nothing happened*" *photo was taken* "*hops off the pile of rubble, still whistling*")

Okay, I am working on my newest one. I need... reference pictures! Lots of reference pictures. And... I need to ask you -- all of you reading this, actually -- a question. That question is: Ponytail or no? If no, hat or no hat?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... That depends. Which character is it your sketching and want to know ponytail or not, hat or no hat? And keep it up. Might not be able to comment, but I encourage people's artistic creative talents.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Okay, I am working on my newest one. I need... reference pictures! Lots of reference pictures. And... I need to ask you -- all of you reading this, actually -- a question. That question is: Ponytail or no? If no, hat or no hat?
Floyd?

:confused: