Muppet Designs and Doodles hardback

Dearth

Reaction score
I had never seen this book before, but it popped up in an eBay search and sounded interesting, so I placed a low bid and won it for a grand total of $12.50 shipped...

To my surprise and delight, when it arrived, it was not only autographed by the author, Alison Inches, but also by Dave Goelz and the late Jerry Juhl.

However, I think the most touching part is the paragraph of inscription from a grandmother to her granddaughter, when she gave this book on Christmas 2001, signing herself as Gram E and also signing for the dog, with a drawn pawprint beside it.

I pulled up the auction listing to see if I had overlooked the part about it being autographed, and chuckled to see that the seller listed it as "Like New to VG! Clean, tight binding, no notable shelf wear, no dogear page corners, no handwriting, no underlining, no stains, no spine crease."

No handwriting? Four people (and a dog) wrote across the front two pages! Oh well, since it's a book of hand-drawn sketches and lettering, perhaps the seller just didn't spot it at a casual glance.

Anyway, I'm ecstatic to own it, since my only other Muppet autograph was a Frank Oz 8 x 10 that I got via SASE during my Star Wars autograph days... and yet somehow I alsoget sad, wondering what Gram E would think of the granddaughter parting with it, or what sad circumstances might have befallen the girl.

Dearth

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
You know, the book represents 95% of the exhibit Jim Henson's Fantastic World. The other 5% were the Muppets themselves which were on display. I love this book.

hoopless

Reaction score
I ordered that book aaaaages ago from forbidden planet and it still hasn't been sent. One day I will get it!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Good grief! Did you contact them about it? It should be there by now.

hoopless

Reaction score
I did a couple of times but to no avail. Their customer service is shocking. I'll find it somewhere else and get round to buying it before summer

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Cancel your order with the first company and be sure any money you've given them is returned. If you did a preorder that became backordered and the item comes in, they'll charge you for it and send it to you if the order isn't cancelled.

hoopless

Reaction score
done and done. i'm not sure there was much chance of them getting it in anyway since it's not even on the website anymore.