Muppet Costumes?

Tacosaurus

Reaction score
My son is 3 and I am looking for a good Halloween costume. He is becoming a big fan of the Muppets. I think it would be cute this year he dressed up as one.

I'm starting really early because I sense that there aren't off the shelf costumes, and that ones would either need to be designed or made (not good skills of mine but I've got some family that might help).

My ideal is to get him and a bunch of our friends' kids to dress up as the Electric Mayhem. If that is too ambitious, he would probably be Fozzie Bear because he really likes saying Walka-Walka!

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Davina

Reaction score
nothing other then that sounds really cool and cute... and good luck! :smile:

Nick22

Reaction score
i heard that they have a line of muppet costumes planned for this year. dont take my word for it, cause im not 100% sure that the plan is gonna work out. it might fall through.

Davina

Reaction score
that would be soo cool though.. hope they pull it off..

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The only planned Muppet costumes are Kermit, Piggy Fozzie, Gonzo and Animal. None of what I've seen in the catalog impressed me.

Nick22

Reaction score
what catalog are they in? know where i can find any pictures?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
what catalog are they in? know where i can find any pictures?
They aren't available yet. You can buy them through your local costume shop or online vendors that decide to stock them later this year. Here are the fuzzy snapshots I took of the wholesale catalog from the shop where I work. Some of it is still in the conceptual phase, but these designs really are dreadful. I've seen stuff like this really well done and this isn't near the ballpark. I do like the new red and white more Muppety logo they're using as opposed to the unattractive cartoony Muppet oval.

I think homemade costumes would be a lot better. :wink:

Nick22

Reaction score
You're right. Those aren't impressive at ALL. Homemade who definitely be better. What was up with the Miss Piggy costume? Maybe they'll make another attempt next year. Hopefully better than this.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
You're right. Those aren't impressive at ALL. Homemade who definitely be better. What was up with the Miss Piggy costume? Maybe they'll make another attempt next year. Hopefully better than this.
The Miss Piggy costume is basically a Playboy bunny outfit, but just with Piggy ears and a longer dress. Not even the gloves are right...or purple. There's enough maquette work out there with the figures, busts and posers to use as models for these masks. The likenesses should be spot-on. I'd opt for foam masks over these rubber things.

Still, it's good to see the Muppets making the rounds. :smile:

Nick22

Reaction score
The Miss Piggy costume is basically a Playboy bunny outfit, but just with Piggy ears and a longer dress. Not even the gloves are right...or purple. There's enough maquette work out there with the figures, busts and posers to use as models for these masks. The likenesses should be spot-on. I'd opt for foam masks over these rubber things.

Still, it's good to see the Muppets making the rounds. :smile:
Your right! It's like the Playboy pig! And we are kinda lucky that Muppets merchandise like this is even being produced at all.