Muppet Classic Theatre

Ol' Buddy Bert

Reaction score
You know, out of all the projects the Henson company has undertaken in the past 10 years I see very, very little written about this project. It's almost as though it doesn't exist here in the minds of those in the muppet central forum.

I was wondering what y'all thought of the program.

My take, I think it has some nice moments but it feels like the performers are still finding their feet as though they weren't quite comfortable with the script. However, watching it now, I like it much more than I did when it first came out.

Whay do you think?

Scott (who someday hopes to be a "junior" no more)

Jivepuppet

Reaction score
I liked it. It wasn't great but at the time at least it was something! I think it was made during the production of Treasure Island, as a straight to video release, and I don't think it's ever been on TV, but i could be wrong.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I never saw it, and I saw the video for sale for 6 bucks one day and never saw it again! The store closed down before I had money to buy it!

Smiley

Reaction score
Hey!! I had never heard of this video until I saw it in a sale bin one day. I automatically bought it without even thinking. When I first watched I wasn't too impressed. I mean, you really get stuck on 'classic' Muppets and this just kind of took me by surprise. I really learned to appreciate it after I watched it for a second time though. You always have to watch Muppet stuff over and over again to catch all the subliminal jokes etc. I remember I thought MTI was terrible the first time I saw it too. I am still a little disappointed with MFS though...they never told you what Gonzo's species is!!!

Salmoto

Reaction score
I think they told us more about Gonzo then we ever wanted to know. However, I did read in the henson.com's question of the week that Gonzo is supposed to be closely related to a Turkey. Hah.

CaptCrouton

Reaction score
Hey I remember Classic Theatre,

The most memorable part was that weasel looking creature in the Rumpelstiltsken episode singing, "Gotta get that name, gotta get that name!"

I love him in that. But I never got HIS name.

Markus