Muppet Christmas Carol Commentary

Gonzo14

Reaction score
I just watched TMCC with Brian Henson's commentary again, and I always forget how awesome that commentary is. He did a great job taking us through the production tricks of how things were done, and some things that changed from the original scripts. It was just in general one of the best commentaries I've ever seen. It kinda makes me with that more of the Muppet Movies had commentary.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Yes you would love the original Muppet Treasure Island DVD commentary. It has little behind the scenes clips throughout them as well. On the new blu ray for some odd reason they are taken out. Which makes the commentary it's self kind of odd, but Brian is awesome in that one as well.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
That sounds awesome! Do you know if the commentary is online anywhere? I'd love to hear it

WalterLinz

Reaction score
Hm, both of these featurettes sound quite interesting! I better check them out later sometime.:smile:

Gonzo14

Reaction score
One thing that's interesting is that Brian Henson is talking about Rowlf at this point and how he hadn't been recast yet, and he clearly says "Ralph" instead of Rowlf

dwayne1115

Reaction score
That sounds awesome! Do you know if the commentary is online anywhere? I'd love to hear it
No I don't think so, and to find the original DVD of MTI can be kind of tricky.

Hm, both of these featurettes sound quite interesting! I better check them out later sometime.:smile:
Both of them are very well done, and it's almost like your sitting and having a conversation with Brian and it's wonderful.

One thing that's interesting is that Brian Henson is talking about Rowlf at this point and how he hadn't been recast yet, and he clearly says "Ralph" instead of Rowlf
Ha ha I have noticed that as well, and I wonder if that is just how he talks, or if he just miss pronounced his name.

Also if you have the Blu ray of Muppet Christmas Carol there is a commentary with Gonzo, Rizzo, and Kermit which is also very very fun to listen to as well.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
No I don't think so, and to find the original DVD of MTI can be kind of tricky.

Both of them are very well done, and it's almost like your sitting and having a conversation with Brian and it's wonderful.

Ha ha I have noticed that as well, and I wonder if that is just how he talks, or if he just miss pronounced his name.

Also if you have the Blu ray of Muppet Christmas Carol there is a commentary with Gonzo, Rizzo, and Kermit which is also very very fun to listen to as well.
I hear so many people call Rowlf "Ralph" but I always followed Jim's pronunciation of him, and I always felt that his name was kind of supposed to sound like a dog bark. But I guess people see the "ow" and think OW lol

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I hear so many people call Rowlf "Ralph" but I always followed Jim's pronunciation of him, and I always felt that his name was kind of supposed to sound like a dog bark. But I guess people see the "ow" and think OW lol

Oddly enough thinking back the A Muppet Family Christmas Fozzie even calls Rowlf "Ralph" when he shows up as well.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
His name is supposed to be humorous, Rowlf is meant to be a dog version of Ralph, but most people do not say it correctly which is annoying at times.