Muffets???

Natalie

Reaction score
OK, here's something that really bugs me. Lately, I keep hearing other people refering to the muppets as "muffets". Has anyone else heard this? Where did they get that name from? It annoys the heck out of me!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah that's fairly common. What bugs me is when people call Fozzie... Fonzie. Hear that a lot too.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, a couple of things. In the satirical muppets are ripoff post, I tried my hand at it, make a parody like beaker, and I reffered to them as Muffets as a joke..also I've jokingly referred Spongebob as Spongepob Squirepints!

But Fonzie is just odd. How you can confuse a Bear Muppet with a Henry WInkler character is beyond me. Well...they're both cool!

But I don't like it when people call him Fozzy with a Y. I called him Fovvie once, but that was a typo! I thought I hit the "Z" key and hit the "V" key by mistake! I am one BAAAAD Typistq!

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Hnu jigfy plo nuyte niy om. Keg niu oplo kresst gyanky iol gutwen. Juuter imfup num ckillren?

Beauregard

Reaction score
I once read a panntomime where somone gets the words Moppets and Muppets muddled up and they say Kermit, Miss Piggy and Fuzzy as well!!!!!!!!!!

Beurgerdagaerdt

Billy's Girl

Reaction score
These poor, misguided people - you've got to feel sorry for them really!! After all, if they can't get the names of the muppets right, what can they get right?

kansasteen14

Reaction score
Originally posted by Phillip Chapman
Yeah that's fairly common. What bugs me is when people call Fozzie... Fonzie. Hear that a lot too.
that really drives me Crazy to.

Natalie

Reaction score
Yeah, I've heard that one with Fozzie too, so annoying. But Fozzie with a "y", maybe they just aren't as educated as us.

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
This reminds me of The Muppets Go to the Movies...

"THE MUFFETS GO TO THE MOVIES!"
"Actually, it's 'Muppets'"
"Sorry...THE MUPPETS GO TO THE MOVIES!"
(Then we see the huge logo with P's drawn over the F's)

And BTW, a pic of "The Foz" would be funny...he could be in a Fonzie-esque pose, dressed like Fonzie, but instead of going "Aaaaaaayyyy," he could go "Aaaaaaaa-aaaaah!"