Moving Moment

WemblinKate

Reaction score
Ok, I just got back from New York, New York. Oh how I love that town. But anyways, we we're picking up my sister to take her back to college at University of Illinois, and she was there at Paul Taylor for a dance summer program. Well, in her spare time she visited museums and saw broadway shows, all the wonderful things New York has to offer. During her visit she went to the Museum of Television and Radio. When she told me about, I thought I'd die.

Most of you probably already know what this is, because you're a lot smarter than me or have traveled more than I have. Anyways, if you don't this museum is not like any other. At this museum, it's filled with no displays, but screening rooms. And a Library, the best ever in my opinion. In the Screening Rooms they show different episodes or specials that aired on television at some point in time. And in the library you can look up any tv show you loved as a child or you just missed that one episode, you look it up on their computers, and they will tell you if they have it or not. If they have a certain episode or special that you want to see, you select it and you can select up to 4, and then when you're done you show the librarian and they take you to your own personal screening area where you can watch what you selected. They don't have everything, but they have a good seletion.

For me this was heaven. Because being a young child through the Muppets golden television years, I don't remember some of the best episodes of things or specials they aired.

Now I knew I wanted to watch Fraggle Rock, and unfortunatly they didn't have any of the episodes that I have never seen, but they did have the Honk of Honks, and I watched an episode of The Storyteller.

But the one thing I knew I had to see, because I had never seen it before, was The Muppets Tribute to Jim Henson.

Now that was good.

I was very touched and I cried, right there in the museum at all the children's letters to Kermit, and to all the muppets singing Just One Person.

It was a very moving moment and I just wanted to share it with you.

-Wemblin' Kate

WemblinKate

Reaction score
Oh, well I live in Oak Park which is a suburb of Chicago.

Do you live anywhere around there?
-Wemblin' Kate

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Hey Kate-

That is one heck a museum, you're right! I wish I could go there someday.... :frown:

Billy's Girl

Reaction score
Maybe as a Muppet Fest outing we could all go to the Museum and see the Muppet Stuff!!!!!!

Natalie

Reaction score
I'm from Champaign, where you just said you were right? I wish I lived up near Chicago! The rest of IL is awful!

WemblinKate

Reaction score
That would be awesome but near impossibility. Aw, well we see what happens. But it the coolest, and supposedly there's one in L.A. too, but havintg never been, I don't know how different things are there.

To ngirl23: Oak Park is pretty cool and I can just hop on the "L" to get to downtown Chicago. Champaign isn't all that bad, when I visit my sister we have a good time.
-Wemblin' Kate

Natalie

Reaction score
well, I hate Champaign, too small, I'm only here because of the University. I'm definitely leaving next year

Billy's Girl

Reaction score
Originally posted by WemblinKate
That would be awesome but near impossibility. Aw, well we see what happens. But it the coolest, and supposedly there's one in L.A. too, but havintg never been, I don't know how different things are there.

-Wemblin' Kate
Nothing is impossible!!!!!