Most Heartwarming Fraggle Moments

Mary Louise

Reaction score
I’ve noticed a thread for the funniest Fraggle moments, one for the scariest Fraggle moments, one for the most tear-jerking Fraggle moments, and even one for the most painful Fraggle moments. What about one for the most heartwarming Fraggle moments? When did Fraggle Rock make you feel just a little more uplifted?

For me, it was a scene from the episode “A Tune for Two.” In it, the Fraggles are preparing for the Duet-a-thon, a contest in which duos of Fraggles sing. Wembley and Gobo are all set to be partners, but when Uncle Matt unexpectedly arrives at the Rock and says he’ll sing with Gobo, Wembley sadly steps down and can’t find a new partner. Cotterpin then says she’ll sing with Wembley—but Gillis, the organizer for the Duet-a-thon, says the contest is for Fraggles only. Wembley sadly breaks the news to Cotterpin, who is far from happy.

Here’s where the heartwarming moment comes in:

GILLIS: The Duet-a-thon is just for Fraggles! That’s the way it’s always been!

WEMBLEY: Well, I’ve got news for you: just because something’s “always been” doesn’t make it right! […] And if my friend Cotterpin can’t be in the Duet-a-thon, I don’t want to have anything to do with it!

[Cotterpin, who has biked in to listen, brightens noticeably.]

GOBO: I agree with Wembley! If Cotterpin Doozer can’t sing in the Duet-a-thon, I won’t either!

And with that, all the other Fraggles start chanting, “We won’t sing! We won’t sing!” That leaves no one to participate, and Gillis is ready to call off the whole contest. But Wembley has a better idea: why not just let Cotterpin sing?

GILLIS: Why, that’s the most brilliant idea I’ve ever heard!

And so the Duet-a-thon is on, with Wembley wearing a visor like Cotterpin’s, and Cotterpin wearing a tiny banana-tree shirt like Wembley’s. As the two sing “Children of Tomorrow,” the other Fraggles join in, and the song is heard throughout the Gorgs’ garden and Doc’s workshop, where a wilted plant Doc was trying to revive is now fresh and green.

So, what moments of Fraggle Rock warm your heart?

Last edited:

superboober

Reaction score
The deeply saddened Red and Gobo approach Junior's shoebox, preparing to take what they believe to be the deceased Mokey back to the Rock. The actual Mokey comes up behind them and lets them know it's in fact only a dummy. They initially acknowledge it numbly, double take upon realizing what they'd been told and who'd told it to them, and embrace her in sheer delight. You really do feel their anguish in the prior scenes as they think they're witnessing the demise of their friend in person, and thus the relief of them realizing that's in fact not the case really is touching.

hooperfan

Reaction score
To me, the very last episode was a tear jerker. It was nice that Doc and Sprocket finally got to interact with them

Beige Fraggle

Reaction score
The song "Children of Tomorrow" from the episode "A Tune For Two" always makes me cry. In a good way, of course.

Beige Fraggle

Reaction score
The episode "Marooned". Red and Boober's interactions while trapped in the cave-in are very emotional, not only for a kid's show, but for a first season episode. The possibility of Red and Boober not surviving feels terrifyingly real.

TheRealFraggle

Reaction score
Haven't seen the full episode yet (just the clip), but there's a moment in the episode "Deep Dive" from the new show where Red is on her bed crying because she broke her baloobius. Mokey comes in and gives her a hug... and then Red blows her nose on a corner of Mokey's dress, and you can hear that a crazy amount of snot is coming out of her nose. Mokey gets a funny disgusted look on her face, but then she just says "It's okay, you can let it all out". Got me right in the feels :embarrassed: