Months mentioned on Sesame Street segments?

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I learned on Muppet Wiki, from a list of segments on a March 1982 broadcast, that Roosevelt Franklin was in a segment about the days of the week. But based on my observations, I don't recall there being any segments devoted to months of the year.

But I'd like to ask, were there any occurrences of Sesame Street segments where months of the year were referenced? The only one I can think of is the segment where Biff sings "This is my J", where he mentions July in the lyrics because the song uses a plethora of J words.

Also, some weeks ago, there was a Season 49 episode "Earth Day" - did April (or April 22nd) get referenced anywhere in that episode?

And what are other examples of months of the year mentioned in Sesame Street segments? This can apply to films, songs with film footage, cartoons and animation, and/or Muppets segments.

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
I know they had done some skits about seasons, but hardly did they do anything about months of the year. On the album "My Name Is Roosevelt Franklin," there is however one song about months of the year, with a character named Mobity Mosely.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
When Lefty tried to sell Ernie a number 8 but Ernie couldn't afford one, he offered to trade one of his 9s - "it'll remind you of when the ninth of August is".

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
The classic film/song segment "Summer Song" mentioned June, July, August and September all in a row.

Also, didn't the Prairie Dawn Pageant sketch about the four seasons mention any or all of the months?

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Just discovered another segment referencing a month.

The cartoon segment "The Story of Nancy the Nannygoat" mentions "One night in November at 9:09...", though only the word "night" was illustrated.

I believe the "Nancy the Nannygoat" sketch was delivered by the same lady who narrated "Wanda the Witch", which mentioned Wednesday.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Another segment referenced a month. It was a film/song segment "Come into the Garden" which mentioned the month of May.

There could have been a new episode referencing (the fourth of) July next month, but due to COVID-19, it would not be deemed appropriate, unless they changed their minds.

SesameMike

Reaction score
Does a "mondegreen" count?
When Ernie counted the cupcakes he made, he said (or so it sounded like)
"Seven, January, homemade cuppycakes".

Yes, I (now) know that he actuallly said "genuine".

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
What really surprises me is, in the film/song segment, "J-Jump", Joe Raposo references summer in the lyrics, but despite its great abundance of words starting with J, there are no references to June nor July, as per a lyrics site. There was a reference to Juniper, which may be the closest to June we can find, if unrelated.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Found another instance this morning. The segment where a kud recites a poem about trying to build a snowman in the summer, which has the line "in June or July". The segment, titled "Snowman Poem", is available on Sesame Street's official YouTube channel.

It looks like July is the most mentioned month in zegments and street scenes combined, so far - especially after last season's fourth of July episode.