1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Forum Upgrade May 25
    We will be upgrading our forum software on Saturday May 25. This is a major upgrade that will add many new features and enhance security.

3. Radionomy ends May 31
    Radionomy has announced that all US stations, including Muppet Central Radio, will be removed on May 31, 2019.

4. You Can Be a Muppeteer
    Watch the Sesame Street Puppeteer Workshop with the amazing Sesame Street performers: Jennifer Barnhart, Matt Vogel and Marty Robinson.

Dismiss Notice
  5. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Missing Song

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by ChristmasCarol, Dec 14, 2004.

1. Last year when we rented a The muppet christmas carol, we noticed the song between belle and scrooge "when love is good" was missing. Once he says he loves her she says he did once then it goes straight to after the song is sung. It is same with the dvd i bought this year. And other people have had the same problem. Does anyone know why they would cut it?

2. Mickey Moose

Mickey Moose Well-Known Member

My copy has the song intact.

3. i found a old thread saying that the makers of the dvd edited it out for time issues :eek:

4. christyb

christyb Well-Known Member

I believe they orginally cut it out because of the time issues when they were airing it on television. That and they thought the kids would get bored with the scene. There are however lots of unedited copies floating about. You just might not find it in DVD.

5. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Well-Known Member

Wow! I didn't even know it was missing! It's not even on my sound track!

6. Uncle deadly

Uncle deadly Well-Known Member

I dont really like it because its two humans singing no muppets.

7. christyb

Yeah. But it's a great Boo Hooer. Besides it's great to send to you ex in an email breaking up with him (ok I won't even go there. :halo: )

8. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Well-Known Member

i Have it on my Video copy

9. Uncle deadly

Did you do that!?

10. christyb

hehehe yeah. I was also present when he opened it. Alas, when my computer fried itself last year I lost the song. (note to self: always have backups of everything). I enjoyed his face immensly.

11. Uncle deadly

12. CarburetorJane

CarburetorJane Well-Known Member

It's there on the DVD and my friend has a copy of a VHS with it still there. Anyways,Brian saysin the commentaryof the DVD it had to be cut out for time. It wasn't in the theatrical release. "Lucky theater people," says my friend who owns the tape. She doesn't like the girl who played Belle much. Says her nostrails flare when she sings and it's unattractive. :smirk:

13. christyb

Question: Why is she paying so much attention to her nostrils??? LoL.

14. rexcrk

rexcrk Well-Known Member

lol. Anyway, I remember hearing on the commentary by Brian Henson that they cut it outta the theaters, then put it back on the video, and also DVD releases. At least, my VHS and DVD both have the song. I've never heard of it not being on there though.

15. Well it definely isn't on mine. maybe it never made it in australia on dvd

16. christyb

Would you like it??

*Looks around and yells

Hey would someone with some time give this poor person the song???? :)

17. anathema

anathema Well-Known Member

Correct. The US DVD release contains the extended home-video edit of the film, which includes this song. All other DVD releases I am aware of use the theatrical edit, hence the song is missing.

Exactly why Disney used the theatrical print for the non-US DVD releases is something of a mystery, as is their decision not to release a widescreen print in any territory.

18. MuppetAlex

MuppetAlex Active Member

:eek: I recorded it of the telly this christmas and it didn't have the song but I think I remember seeing it in the past.