Minor muppetz' TMS outline: Gabe Kaplan

minor muppetz

Reaction score
this outline is set in the fourth season.

Cold Opening/ Dressing Room
Scooter: gabe kaplan, thirty seconds 'till curtain!
Gabe Kaplan: hey, Scooter, have I ever told you about my Uncle Michael?
Scooter: no, tell me about your uncle michael?
gabe Kaplan: well, uncle Michael is the one who encouraged me to agree to do this show, and then when I agreed, he jumped out the window.
Scooter: that's not funny. Hey, have I ever told you about my uncle who owns this theatre?
gabe kaplan: okay, truce.

Introduction
kermit announces that gabe kaplan has promised that he wouldn't tell any jokes about his family.

Opening Number: put your head on my shoulder
a whatnot tells a female whatnot to put her head on his shoulder, and she removes her head and puts it on his shoulder.

Balcony
statler wishes that he could remove his head and leave it home. Waldorf slaps Statlers head, and it falls off.

Introduction
"ladies and genltemen, here is the corny gabe kotter".

Stand-up comedy act
gabe kaplan tells jokes about salad, gas stations, and mini-skirts. Fozzie interrupts the act so he can ask for tips on being as good as gabe. Gabe says, "find a better career".

Pigs In Space
the health inspector comes to the swinetrek to make sure that the swinetrek is in good condition to operate. There is nothing wrong, but when he figures out that he won't get a bribe he shuts down the swinetrek.

Dressing Room
robin needs to be tutored on his upcoming history test, but doens't listen to the fact that gabe isn't really a teacher.

Muppet Labs
Dr. Bunsen Honeydew invents a new drink, which beaker drinks and then suddenly becomes way too hyper (he even hurts Bunsen because of how hyper he is).

U.K. Spot: suggestions from the audience
kermit announces that the act scheduled for now just canceled, so instead of moving another act forward, kermit takes suggestions from the audience.

backstage
beaker is going crazy. Kermit tells Bunsen to get rid of the formula, but when Bunsen finds the jar of the formula, he finds that it is empty. Who drank it? Animal did, and he is more hyper than beaker.

solo piano number
Rowlf plays the piano, but animal and beaker both come in and drive Rowlf crazy.

Dressing Room
gabe kaplan refuses to go on because of Animal. Animal busts down the door and pushes gabe to the wall.

backstage
beaker is no longer hyper.

Closing Number: Believe in yourself
gabe has agreed to go on, but Animal keeps running wild during the number.

Good Night
Animal chases gabe kaplan, kermit, gonzo, scooter, and annie sue pig.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
I like the cold opening, the opening #, and that UK Spot- oh man, I never could've thought of that! That's thinking outside the box! Incidentally, could you give us a bit more descrip of the UK Spot?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Gorgon Heap said:
I like the cold opening, the opening #, and that UK Spot- oh man, I never could've thought of that! That's thinking outside the box! Incidentally, could you give us a bit more descrip of the UK Spot?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
Okay. At your request, here is a script. it may not last two minutes, but who cares?

Kermit: well, ladies and gentlemen, I am sorry to say that our next act can't make it.
Statler: why are you sorry?
(Statler and Waldorf laugh)
Kermit: anyway, since the act canceled, i thought i would do something that hasn't been done on the muppet show before. I will take suggestions from the audience for the next act. Any suggestions?
Waldorf: yeah, blow yourself up!
Kermit: but.. but that's crazy!
Statler: well, you said you'd do anything.
Kermit: (scrushes face up) oh, alright. (facing the backstage) hey, crazy harry, cound you bring out your plunger?
Crazy harry: here you go, heheheheheh!
Kermit: (reluctantly) uh, thank you. ready, set, here we go! (pushes down plunger and blows himself up. he faints, then gets back up) uh, well, we've still got some time left. what, uh, is your next suggestion?
Statler: get Miss Piggy to karate cho you!
Kermit: oh, now that is a bit extreme!
Waldorf: well, you said you'd take any suggestion from the audience.
Kermit: oh, okay. Piggy!
Miss Piggy: yes, vou?
Kermti: you have to karate chop me.
Miss Piggy: oh, but I would not think of it, my deer.
Kermit: (shouting) MISS PIGGY, YOU ARE THE FATTEST, UGLIEST PIG IN THE WORLD!
Miss Piggy: ALL RIGHT! THAT DOES IT! HIIIIIYAA! (karate chops kermit off-stage. she leaves the stage. kermit walks bakc on-stage) uh, well , unfortunately, we have enough time for one more suggestion.
Statler: what's so unfortunate about it?
Waldorf: yeah! This is the highlight of tonights show.
Statler: too bad that people in the U.S. can't see it.
kermit: well, now we have room for one more suggestion. (to the old guys) and you two are no longer qualiofied! (to the rest of the audience) What do you want to see me do?
everybody in the audience: introduce the next act!
kermit: well, now that's more like it.

and I have also thought of a good ending scene with Statler and Waldorf.

Statler: have I ever told you about my uncle stuart?
Waldorf: no, tell me about your uncle stuart.
Statler my uncle stuart never comes to see this show.
(they both laugh)

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In case you are wondering, who is who would have performed the non-regular characters in this episode:
Richard Hunt performed the singer in "put your head on my shoulder".
Louise Gold would have performed the woman in "put your head on my shoulder".
Steve Whitmire would have performed the health inspector.

kathy26

Reaction score
hi is there a way you can list the performers and their muppets like you did in your Flip Wlison Outline i love that