Mini NASCAR cars at Wal-Mart

EmmyMik

Reaction score
A couple of days ago I was in a local Wal-Mart store when I saw some mini-NASCAR toys. The cars were the same size as a Hot Wheels car, and they had the various Muppet cars that raced earlier this year. Also included was a replica of the hood with the various Muppet designs. I only saw the Rowlf, Gonzo, and Kermit and Piggy cars. They were about $5.00 each.

I'm not sure if others have seen these, but I thought I'd let y'all know.

Aerosmith

Reaction score
They are also at Target and K-Mart. I have Gonzo and my friend has Pepe.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I saw a larger version of the Kermit an' Piggy one, it was like 10 or 11 bucks, and it was as big as a small remote controlled car (I remember). Too bad they were 5 bucks.

The have Animal, and I think Swedish Chef, too!

They also used to sell the little die cast Sesame Street cars too, but they don't have them anymore!

uncleduke

Reaction score
nascar Xplosion

I was at Wal Mart this morning, and the whole flipping aisle was muppets!
They had all but Fozzie in 1:64 scale for only $5.00
They had several 1:32 scale with collector Cards (Pepe, Swedish Chef, Rowlf, Kermit/Piggy, Bunsen/Honeydew... there may have Been More, but those are the ones we got) foe $10.00
The also had 1:24 scale cars for $17 (Kermit/Piggy, Rowlf, 2 Different Animals, Pepe, Gonzo, Swedish Chef, Muppet Labs.... Maybe More)
But, the ones I thought were the coolest for the $$ were 1:64 scale semi trucks, used to transport the cars to the event! Very cool, and well worth $12.00! They had Piggy/Kermit, Swedish Chef, Animal and Pepe!
They are in long boxes, about 14" X 4" X 2"
Check 'em out!

Electric Mayhem

Reaction score
After seeing this post, I went to Wal-Mart yesterday.

They had the 1:64 scale cars of Kermit/Piggy, Animal, Gonzo, & Bunsen/Beaker.
They had 1:32 scale cars of Kermit/Piggy, Animal & Gonzo.
They had the rig of Animal only.
They had the larger 1:24 scale cars of Gonzo, Animal, Rowlf, & Pepe.

After looking at all of it & drolling over most of it, I decided I will collect only the 1:24 scale cars, since they have the most detail & quality. I went ahead & bought Rowlf & Pepe, since I figured they would be the rarest of the ones I saw there. I probably try to complete my collection in the weeks to come.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
has anyone seen Fozzie?!?! no one has seen to seem him in either K-mart,Walmart or Target, why wouldn't his car be sold in stores? there was also a Sam car too. plus there was the muppet pace car with statler and waldorf on the back with all the other muppets besides rowlf on the car.

but why isn't atleast fozzie sold in stores?

uncleduke

Reaction score
Have never seen a Fozzie at Target or Walmart.
I can only assume there is some legal issues with the driver (all the licensing is through him, not Henson).

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
uncleduke

I can only assume there is some legal issues with the driver (all the licensing is through him, not Henson).
ahh, he's probaly upset because his car never finshed the race! i hope he does blame fozzie(or henson) thought, well, i mean it's a fozzie kinda thing, did the car break down or slip on a banana peel or what? i mean you could buy the fozzie car on-line, why not in stores now as the same for sam the eagle and the pace car.

Electric Mayhem

Reaction score
As for Sam, he didn't have his own Nascar stock car- he was only on Whit Bazemore's funny car, and Craig Treble's drag bike (both available on eBay).

I still have to check a couple other Wal-Marts & a Target in my area...