Message Deletions in Threads

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Okay seriously, this is becoming a problem. What prompted me to make this thread was the deletion of about half of the messages in the Bible Study thread, a completely unnecessary move on the mod's part. While I understand that the topics in the Bible Study thread were... well, controversial to say the least, there was ZERO hostility involved and no justifiable reason for half of our posts to be deleted. This wasn't a Charlie Benson situation. @mariolover, @fuzzygobo, @D'Snowth, @Blue Frackle, @LittleJerry92, @gavry3, @Old Thunder, and anyone else I missed who participated in the thread wrote some really thought-provoking posts which I'm honestly quite disappointed to see go.

But ignoring the specific thread for a moment, why are posts just being deleted like this nilly-willy without ANY explanation, reasoning, or warnings??? Is there some unspoken rule about politics and religion being debated/discussed on here????, because I mean... the Respectful Politics thread is pretty much always active as well, and it's not been affected. If you wanted us to stop, you could've just locked the thread. I just need some clarification and communication from @Phillip and @The Count, because quite frankly this is starting to **** me off.

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I think the honest reason it got deleted is because Mario requested them to be deleted (if this turns out to be wrong, I’m sorry) and, well..... Ed did as requested. The latter even requested himself that Phil lock the thread. In the end, I’m pretty frustrated myself as things never got full on tense heat but...... what can you really do now? 🤷🏿‍♂️

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
I think the honest reason it got deleted is because Mario requested them to be deleted (if this turns out to be wrong, I’m sorry) and, well..... Ed did as requested. The latter even requested himself that Phil lock the thread. In the end, I’m pretty frustrated myself as things never got full on tense heat but...... what can you really do now? 🤷🏿‍♂️
I totally understand that, but if it is so, I wish Ed had communicated that with us better. The whole situation just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I don't think that's the case... he was just as confused as we were.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
My message should have not been deleted, I said nothing wrong.

MWoO

Reaction score
Dang, if the discussion was interesting enough to be deleted I wish I had read it.

This forum has a mod with an very itchy trigger finger when it comes to removing posts. It seems to be done with the precision of a shot gun as well, with totally innocuous posts getting caught up in the deletion.