Make classic Sesame Street available online (petition)

ssetta

Reaction score
So there’s a petition to make all the SS episodes that have been given to the AARP to be available online, which I think is a wonderful idea. I don’t know why they wouldn’t be. So please sign this petition to make it happen.

ssetta

Reaction score
Jesus, why do you guys always have to be so negative? This petition has almost 2,500 signatures on it. The purpose of this petition is to get us what we’ve always wanted! You don’t have to sign if you don’t want to but you don’t have to make negative comments about it either.

datman24

Reaction score
1. Petitions never work
2. You're wasting your time and effort with this
I would think people would be at least grateful that they are able to watch all these episodes someplace (even if it is only in just two locations), but apparently even that is not enough. I know it may be difficult for some that do not live anywhere close to those locations, but there is always the possibility that they could expand where one could watch if this goes well. Besides, Sesame Workshop could care less about the wants and needs of grown adults. Preschoolers are their only priority when it comes to what episodes they want to make publicly available. However, since you apparently live so close to Boston (as you have stated in the past), you could at least wait until those episodes become available so that you may be able to watch them for yourself. As they say, good things come for those who wait.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
AARP is an organization that helps improve the lives of senior citizens in terms of discounts on healthcare, prescription drugs, recreational activities, and such. Your petition makes absolutely no sense.

And. You. Are. Froggin. Obsessed. Like in an unhealthy way. We're not being negative, you're being unreasonable.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
AARP is an organization that helps improve the lives of senior citizens in terms of discounts on healthcare, prescription drugs, recreational activities, and such. Your petition makes absolutely no sense.

And. You. Are. Froggin. Obsessed. Like in an unhealthy way. We're not being negative, you're being unreasonable.
Yes, I agree that the original poster is majorly obsessed with the old school Sesame Street, and likely eats, sleeps and thinks classic Sesame Street, without realizing that it costs too much money to release the episodes, especially when Sesame Workshop is likely struggling financially lately, and may not be able to afford to pay royalties to the many artists, animators, voice actors and actors, and/or their estates, who would have to clear their work for release, which could make for very expensive episodes for one's viewing pleasure. Imagine having to pay ten dollars to view just one episode.

I am tempted to think that the OP may be more so addicted to classic Sesame Street and not just obsessed.

Sesame Street is in not-so great shape these days, in terms of ratings. Sure, it has many viewers, but definitely far less than during the "golden age." That may explain why, in a 35-episode season, there are many repeats now. If not for the HBO deal a few years back, the show probably would have ceased production by now. It makes me wonder if Season 50 will be the official last season, as that will be the last season in the HBO deal.

As for the petition, I have no desire to sign it. At all. I enjoy classic Sesame Street as much as the next guy, but I am not going to support anybody who is demanding things in an addictive manner. I have other things to do with my life, and I have no time to fulfill anybody's obsession, or addiction, whatever. I will do the right thing and be patient for episodes or clips to surface on any video site.

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Change.org - the website that will help fix all first world problems out there.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Jesus, why do you guys always have to be so negative? This petition has almost 2,500 signatures on it. The purpose of this petition is to get us what we’ve always wanted! You don’t have to sign if you don’t want to but you don’t have to make negative comments about it either.
We’re not being negative. You just can’t handle the truth. And no offense, some of your videos of you venting about your life kind of show it.