Looking for a female puppeteer in Los Angeles

fishbone

Reaction score
i'm looking for a female puppeteer in the los angeles area.if you have good timing & are funny &ad lib ,good voices,& can build puppets(if not,it's cool),creative,has live & or studio exp.,then i need you..i'm putting together a couple of shows.for now they are pre-rec.,but will need someone who sound like a 6-8yr old girl,if at all inrested than mail me or just answer this. :wink:

fishbone

Reaction score
i did,think about it,but i thought i had to be a member? :confused:

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I don't think so, most of the PofA sites allow postings that are realevent to their members whether or not you are in the guild. You should also consider contacting Christine Papalexis the guild's president directly at CPapalexis@aol.com. I don't know her personally, but she is apparently very nice and might know of someone who would be eager to help you out.

Good luck!

biblebetty

Reaction score
fishbone said:
i'm looking for a female puppeteer in the los angeles area.if you have good timing & are funny &ad lib ,good voices,& can build puppets(if not,it's cool),creative,has live & or studio exp.,then i need you..i'm putting together a couple of shows.for now they are pre-rec.,but will need someone who sound like a 6-8yr old girl,if at all inrested than mail me or just answer this. :wink:
Hi fishbone,
I tried to e-mail you but your e-mail says you will not except e-mail from this web site. I play a 6 yr old girl with a lisp for 4 yrs. I belong to a team called the straight up puppet team. I also build puppets. If your interested e-mail me.

fishbone

Reaction score
betty, are you in cali?...what is straight up? i need some one twisted,if your easily offended,then this may not be for you...the kids shows are safe,but i'm going to do some "big kid" stuff too...just a warning :halo:

biblebetty

Reaction score
fishbone said:
betty, are you in cali?...what is straight up? i need some one twisted,if your easily offended,then this may not be for you...the kids shows are safe,but i'm going to do some "big kid" stuff too...just a warning :halo:
Hi fishbone:
yes I'm in California near L.A., live in Cerritos? Most people have no idea where that is it sits to the right of the 91 fwy and the 605. So I'm close. but thank you for the heads up on the "big kid" stuff. the straight up puppet is a christian team, my whole family is in volved. My daughter writes the scripts,and is a puppeteer, my husband makes the props and is involved in the technical stuff and is a puppeteer. My 11 yrs son, all so a puppeteer plays a small snail in bible betty's garden, we also have 5 more puppeteers that perform as well. We play in a lot of prison ministries, churches, we play for low income families, senior homes and homeless shelters. We are a ministry. So if you tring to tell me that this project you are doing is a little more on the adult side, I don't believe I would be comfortable doing this. But if you need help with the children let me know. also let me know how you are doing with your shows. do you ever go to puppet semnars like one way, or puppet productions, or do you attend the anuall christian's fellowship or puppeteers festivalbe and seminars. Everone from all walks of puppet life go to these seminars so if you have never been I would be gald to get you the web site. I don't know how long you have been involved with puppets I have been involved off and on for about 20yrs. but I alway enjoy these semnars in fact thats where i met David Pannabecker and took his class (twice). it was worth every penny and i learned alot from other semars they had. thank-you for replying

bible betty

fishbone

Reaction score
i know cerritos...yes i will be doing kids shows..no, i have never been to any puppet seminars...i'd like to though.i got a few things i want to do,the show will teach moral & saftey lessons,i'm also working on a script for a kids show for t.v. .teaching kids about wild life &stuff like that.getting kids to explore & get outside more(after they watch my show :stick_out_tongue: )i'd like to see your puppets,i would like to join a puppet troupe while i'm doing my own thing too,but the ones i have dealt w/don't pay or if they do,it's crappy.but i will keep you informed,thanks :excited: