London locations

Melonpool

Reaction score
Hi all,

A friend of mine is going to London next week and was looking for some Muppet-related sights. Studios and locations from the Muppet show - Great Muppet Caper years would be great as well as addresses and directions to landmarks such as Jim Henson's old house and the bench featured in Caper's opening splashdown.

Thanks
Steve

Beauregard

Reaction score
Well. Many of these things I do not know the locations of.

I do know that the London part of teh Creture Shop was in "Oval Road, London" and had a large Yorrik head hanging outside. I persume that this is not gone with the move on JHC to America.

As to the locations, I can't say. I think some of the bike scene was filmed (i think) in Hyde Park.

Punch'n'Judy

Reaction score
London Creature Shop - 30 Oval Road, Camden, London, NW1

Within easy walking distance of Camden Town or Mornington Crescent tube stations (Northern Line).

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I asked this same question last year before I went to London. Unfortunately I didnt get to go to to Camden or Hamstead Heath where Jim's Bench is. My Dad just came back from overseas and was having a look at his pictures and saw that he went to the park where Jim's bench is, he doesnt even know about it so dont think he would have got a photo of that particular bench.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Jim's....bench?
Its a landmark bench where Jim Sat with Don Sahlin puppet builder and did puppet sketches if I am right. Someone may have to correct me on this.