Live365 preferred membership

Thijs

Reaction score
Is there somebody here who is a preferred member at Live 365. I'm thinking of becoming one, because I am a frequent listener of MC Radio. Does the audio quality really get better?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Tommie,

If you are wanting to listen ad-free without audio ads and pop-ups, you may want to consider signing up. However, if your main motivation is increased sound quality, I'd encourage you to wait until around early June. Right now the stream will sound the same either way.

Around that time, we are planning on making a variety of updates including better quality sound. Free listeners will hear slightly better quality (but still in mono), while VIP members streams will be in MP3Pro stereo at approximately twice the quality but at the same bitrate as normal. Actually, I'm hoping that Live365 will eventually make stereo MP3Pro streaming the norm across the board for all users, not just VIP members. That's their call though, not mine.

Thijs

Reaction score
Good news Phil,

although the sound quality is not the only reason (the other is the ad-freedom, plus the fact that the membership is very cheap) I'll wait till June.

Thanks for the help,

Thijs

ps: can you change my membername to Thijs?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thijs said:
ps: can you change my membername to Thijs?
Done. Just remember to login under the new name next time.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
Done. Just remember to login under the new name next time.
Sorry, this is very off topic! Phil, would you mind changing my name to Muppetsdownunder or if thats not possible something similar like muppetsdwnunder for example. I just want that because my current name has nothing to do with muppets.
I'd greatly appreciate if you did that for me!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Your name has been updated.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Great! Glad to see everything is working fine for you.