Let's share behind-the-scenes photos!

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
One of my favorite things is seeing great behind-the-scenes photos from Muppet productions, where we see both the performer and the Muppet. Although I think a lot of people are afraid of seeing that barrier broken, I believe there's even more magic in seeing these folks at work - and I think it's something a lot of us agree on :smile:

SO, here's a thread for us to share some of our favorites!

Here's one of the all-time coolest and most famous, Richard Hunt on the set of The Muppet Show:

There's so much personality in that picture, even though you can't see Richard's face.

Jim and Frank Oz spreading the romance:

Looks like Jim is mimicking Kermit's face.

Kevin Clash and Karen Prell having fun on the set of Labyrinth:

A shot that makes me laugh, from Emmet Otter:

Just a beautiful picture of Jerry Nelson and Gobo:

A really, really eerie shot of Richard. Even creepier than his expression is that Ernie appears to be smiling (or screaming, depending on how you look at it):

Now, two recent ones from The Muppets:

Here, we don't get to see a puppeteer, but I still think this is just a beautiful shot. It actually makes me wonder what might've been going through Kermit's head the moment before the telethon started.

And THIS...

...is just the magic. Jim would be so happy to see this picture.

All pictures from Muppet Wiki!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
A really, really eerie shot of Richard. Even creepier than his expression is that Ernie appears to be smiling (or screaming, depending on how you look at it)
Yeah I love that, kind of the look of your quintessential moody young person, lol. And I hadn't noticed that about Ernie before; personally I'm going with "Wow, this woodwork is amazing!" lol :stick_out_tongue:

Here, we don't get to see a puppeteer, but I still think this is just a beautiful shot. It actually makes me wonder what might've been going through Kermit's head the moment before the telethon started.
Wow! Now that's a perspective you don't see often! :smile:

...is just the magic. Jim would be so happy to see this picture.
Yeah that is very touching to see new people carrying on the tradition.