Leaving JHC

MIKEB97

Reaction score
Hi y'all! Although Brian Henson stepped down, is he still an employee for JHC? Has Charlie Rivkin taken over now?

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Brian is maintaining office space at both the LA and London Henson offices. If you go to the Henson web site and choose company executives, you will see that Brian is still listed, though no longer has a title.

No idea what that means in terms of the actual day to day operations....

MIKEB97

Reaction score
It's a good thing he's still with JHC casuse after all, it belonged to his gifted father. I have two questions. Is Brian also stepping down in order to re build the Company? Does JHC still provide materials and performers for Sesame Street despite Sesame Workshop's control over all the characters?

matleo

Reaction score
mikeB97

I don't know the answer to your fist question but Henson does still supply the puppets and performers for SS All of the regulars, Spinney, Nelson, Brill, Clash, robinson, rudman, Mazzarino, etc. are all still employed by Henson and sent to work on SS although, since the characters are now owneed by Sesame wokshop it's a little confusing (or so I hear).

--Matt

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
It was more confusing BEFORE the sale. At least now I know who wholly OWNS the characters.

MIKEB97

Reaction score
It's kind of hard to tell if the Sesame Street characters feel the same with out the Jim Henson Company.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Hey, I've just STARTED to get used to the idea of some German company owning our beloved Jim Henson Company.

MIKEB97

Reaction score
I guess I may have to try get used to it. Let us hope Charlie Rivkin can keep the company alive without Disney.