Labyrinth in Top 20 Children's Films

GuySmiley

Reaction score
Labyrinth in Top20 Childrens Films

Labyrinth, the Jim Henson fantasy film starring David Bowie, has made its way into the top 20 childrens films.

In a poll reported by UK magazine 'The Mirror' Labyrinth came in at number 15 - with the first place being taken by 'Chitty Chitty Bang Bang'. The newspaper noted that many of the films were 'older' because many parents remember them from when they were young and rent them out for their children to enjoy.

This is GuySmiley, for MuppetCentral news!

Guy!

electricmayhem

Reaction score
That's cool!! Thanks for sharing Guy! Do you have a link or something to the rest of the list? I'd like to know what else made it:smile:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
a double-edged sword

Well, it's great that it was recognized!, :big_grin: :smile:, but sad that it was for "children".

:sympathy:

:grouchy:

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Re: a double-edged sword

Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man
Well, it's great that it was recognized!, :big_grin: :smile:, but sad that it was for "children".
Very true. I've shown it in a summer school class for middle-school aged kids and I gurantee they don't appreciate it the same way. I'm sure they enjoy it but it's not really the same thing. :sympathy:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I remember some religious groups accusing the fillm to have occult influences when it was first released. How times change. I don't think the children's title is a bad one. It's just depressing that's the only way the film is reconized.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
I don't think the children's title is a bad one. It's just depressing that's the only way the film is reconized.
Well, yeah, that's what I really meant. :smile:

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Well, this ain't new. "The Storyteller" won a few "children's" awards in the 80s. But seeing as these weren't successful projects, any award would be good (though TS did win an Emmy or two).

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
BoyRaisin,

Actually The Storyteller was very succesful in Europe, Just not the states.

So it isnt suprising that it won some awards, Im sure it was more than one or two too !

see ya

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
I remember some religious groups accusing the fillm to have occult influences when it was first released. How times change. I don't think the children's title is a bad one. It's just depressing that's the only way the film is reconized.
Every time anything with Magic in the plot comes out, these guys just loooove to poop all over it.
I'm sure some little kid in Wyoming or something is reading Harry Potter right now, and that makes him sacrifice his little sister to the Anti-Christ...

Some people just need to get a life!

leliebel

Reaction score
Re: a double-edged sword

Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man

:sympathy:

:grouchy:
well, thanks to this movie I hope to be a kid for the rest of my adult life...