Kimp the Shrimp's Top 10 PBS Logos

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
WGBH Boston “Flash of Doom” (1978+) The annoying music predates the logo by at least four years but the dark nature and flashing make it truly terrifying. The more recent endcap version isn’t as bad though. Found on episodes of Mystery, Masterpiece Theater, Nova, Zoom, and until just recently Antiques Roadshow

WNET New York “Clapping Clockwise” (1993-?) This used to be on Charley Rose and Nature in the mid-90s. I seem to recall something it having to do a circle of light gradually revealing the WNET box logo while an avant guard clapping sound was heard. Pretty freaky stuff when you’re a seven year old.

Children’s Television Workshop “Sparks” (1982-1995?) See here. Despite what you might have heard this was never on Sesame Street, 3-2-1 Contact did have it though.

Oregon Public Broadcasting “OEPBS”, “Rising Trees” (1971? - 1981) Good golly miss molly. It seems somebody at what was then OEPBS decided the Screen Gems S From **** was really cool and decided to rip it off. If the bad animation and cheesy jingle don’t get to you than I don’t know what will, but don’t take my word for it.

NET “Tri-Colored Roof of Doom” (1966-1970) Let’s go down the list… Bad animation? Check. Creepy announcer guy? Check Eric Siday? Check.

Childeren’s Television Workshop “Snake” (1978-1981) Butt ugly and the music is dreadful. Good animation though

Old Mr. Rogers sponsor plug cue (1970-1976): Since these episodes are no longer in circulation it’s up to the internet to preserve ‘em. The funky synth is pretty off the wall.

Public Broadcasting System “P-Head” (1972-1984): The one, the only.

The Annenberg CPB Project “Parallelograms” (1984 - ?) Three raising parallelograms on a dark blue gradiant background + weird music = business as usual on weekday afternoons in the early 90’s. Since PBS doesn’t carry schools and colleges programs anymore you’ll have to live in a college town to see it.

Thames Television “Skyline” (1969-1989) This rocks my socks, but the fanfare may get to some.