Kids Know Some Muppet Characters

muppetguy

Reaction score
Ok, so, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, if it isn't, I apologize. I was at a flee market this weekeend and helping a friend sell his paintings. I asked him if it would be alright for me to sell my muppet paintings (posted in the art section a while back). He said ok. So, on the table I had paintings of Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Rowlf and Mahna Mahna. Kids would come over and immediately look at the muppet painting and out of all of them, they knew these three by name, Kermit, Miss Piggy and Fozzie. These kids are in grammer school and I would say the age of the studio disney era. Disney knows exactly what they are doing. Miss Piggy got the most attention...LOL. Just wanted to share this with you guys. Maybe the muppets will make more of a comback than we anticipated?:embarrassed:

Redsonga

Reaction score
It could also be that their parents are raising them with the classic movies and shows. Let's not forget there are other fans out there, Disney isn't the be all and end all :excited:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It could also be that their parents are raising them with the classic movies and shows. Let's not forget there are other fans out there, Disney isn't the be all and end all :excited:
Exactly, if the Muppets are truly timeless, as we hope they are, they don't need the new Disney projects to be their one and only outlet to kids. :wink:

ohtherain

Reaction score
I've done a test like this with a few kids - the newest version of the Muppet group shot I showed to a few young, around 3-8 year-olds that are my cousins' friends. Most of them were able to identify Kermit and Miss Piggy, some Fozzie Bear and The Swedish Chef, and a few Gonzo, Animal, and Pepe. One of them must have known more because they were able to point out Statler and Waldorf, Rizzo, and even Janice!

EmMonster

Reaction score
Honestly, If you caught me 2 years ago, I wouldn't really be able to name any muppets other than Kermit, piggy and a few others. But I really wish I was more into the muppets when I was younger. I was so foolish then. I was even a Dizney channel fan (sigh.)

muppetguy

Reaction score
It's ok...we'll forgive you...LOL :smile:

I'm glad you jumped on board because the Muppets are a one of a kind!