Kermit's Swamp Years

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hi,

Does any one know any thing about Kirmet's Swamp Years? OK so it's Kirmet when he's young, but does anyone know anything else about what exactly will be in the film?

It won't have the traditional caracters. I don't wan't to sound cruel but I am glad Kirmet is the main character in this movie, not Gonzo, Rizzo, and Pepe.

Bye,
Beauregard

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I know others will be able to give you more information, but I get to be first!

Swamp Years chronicles Kermit's life growing up with friends Goggles and Croaker (new frog characters). It will have a few unknown cameos from classic Muppet cast members (Statler, Waldorf, and possibly Rowlf or Rizzo). Sadly, it seems that Miss Piggy, Fozzie and Gonzo have not made it into this production, but the frog can definitely carry the movie. It is set for release on video and DVD late this summer or early fall. There is a bit of a dispute on the release date.

BTW- I'ms sure it is just an oversight, but Kermit is spelled K e r m i t. Just checking. Hope this helped!

Luke

Reaction score
Jamie

nahhh - "Kirmets Swamp Years" is the evil twin indie production like that Bert & Ernie film. You can see it at most small seedy french theatres but you have to tip the hooker at the door to get in.

It's the film where :-

* A young Kermit learns all about where baby frogs come from (ie :- tadpoles)
* He loses his newspaper round to a frog named 'Bill' and starts drinking heavily ! (Kool Aid)
* In a deep depression he meets a pig called 'Miss Jiggy' who scams him off all his money and his banjo.
* He goes mad and blows up the swamp.
* A young german man called Haffa comes along and finds a pot of gold in the bottom of the crater where the swamp used to be.

I can get you a DVD if ya want !

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

I dont think Rizzo will be in it, Joggy suggested that it might be
the debut of Rowlf with Bill's voice !

I hope so !

See ya

Beauregard

Reaction score
How can it have Rawlf in it if Kermit meets him for the first time in The Muppet Movie. I thought that "Kirmie's Swamp Years" was the prequal to it.:confused:

Maybe it will have Pepe in. He dosn't meet him in The Muppet Movie does he?

Also I think it has a pig in it. There is one chasing Kermit, I think down a hill, on the picture I saw of the vidio cover. I wander who that is. Not Miss Piggy obviously. Maybe all pigs think he is atractive!!!

Got to go,
Beauregard

dwmckim

Reaction score
Just because Kermit "meets" certain characters in The Muppet Movie doesn't necessairily mean that their paths may not have previously crossed before. How many of us remember every waiter who's taken our order since childhood or the face of every passerby on the street?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Beauregard

Where did you see the cover? Wow. A note about a possible Rowlf (R-o-w-l-f) cameo - just because he may be in the movie doesn't mean that he would see or even interact with Kermit. It is possible that he could appear in a scene that Kermit may not appear in or leave right before he gets there. That would be funny. The reason that people predict that it may be Rowlf is because he was Jim Henson's other prominent Muppet. It seems definite that Statler and Waldorf (younger) will make an appearance. There are reports of this. And lets not forget that the Muppet genealogy has never been that stable in the first place - lots of holes in it.

If you have a picture or a link to the video cover, we'd love to see it!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Luke

I think you're mistaking Swamp Years for the E True Hollywood Story. Hmmm.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Jamie,q

Hey,
There was the Poster for it at MuppetFest, If you go to the MuppetFest pictures section on Muppet Central you will find it in their.

see ya

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Oh, yeah. That poster. I didn't notice the pig or that it would be the poster in the first place. Eeeek. Kind of cartoony. Nothing against cartoons, of course. Just that the Muppets are not cartoons.