Kermit Unplugged Revisited

Princeton

Reaction score
Kermit Unplugged was a 1994 cover album featuring the Muppets and various celebrities. I had the cassette growing up which was subsequently lost and I just recently bought it again on CD. I'm sad to say that listening to it 21 years later was a rather awkward experience given Jerry's death and Kevin's dismissal, so hopefully you all will have some happier and more insightful comments than what I'm giving. The only other thing I'm wondering is since one of the covers was "On Broadway" if that was what led to Mann/Weil being chosen as the MTI composers.

Princeton

Reaction score
I just realized that "Unpigged" got autocorrected and I can't fix it.

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
I first listened to the album two years ago. To me, there isn't a more beautiful sound than Linda Ronstadt and Kermit singing "All I Have to Do Is Dream". For me, this is the best version of the song. Linda's voice is just so beautiful and Steve Whitmire is such a great singer.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The thing that I liked the most about the album itself was the characters' commentary and interaction inbetween the songs, such as Rizzo mistaking a sign on Jimmy Buffett's door as "Jimmy's Buffet," or assuming that another door that had a Meatloaf sign meant he could get some meatloaf, only to find "some big guy in there, he must have ate it all."

Some of the songs were still fun though - I liked the rendition of "Born to be Wild" between Piggy and Ozzy Osbourne, and how Kermit wanted to play a calm and serene version of "Wild Thing" on the ukelele, but Floyd and Animal play it in the more traditional sense.

On the subject of listening to an album being a little awkward years later, there's Elmo and the Orchestra, in which Jerry voiced bird conductor Leonard Birdseed.