Kermit Co-Hosts Extra

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtgentry

Reaction score
FYI, everyone. Kermit was on the set of Extra last night co-hosting the whole show. Nothing great just some great exposure I guess.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I realize this is late, but I caught the tail end of this. It was cool to see Kermit with Mark McGrath, though.:smile:

jeeneq

Reaction score
Is David Ehrlich the voice of Kermit the Frog?

Folks,

Recently I met a man in Chicago by the name of David Ehrlich, who claims to be the voice of Kermit the Frog. He supposedly resides at 487 29th Street, San Francisco, and says he works for Disney and ESPN. I was unable to verify if he is telling the whole truth or not. Can anyone assist me with this? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Jeene

SammieRose

Reaction score
jeeneq said:
Folks,

Recently I met a man in Chicago by the name of David Ehrlich, who claims to be the voice of Kermit the Frog. He supposedly resides at 487 29th Street, San Francisco, and says he works for Disney and ESPN. I was unable to verify if he is telling the whole truth or not. Can anyone assist me with this? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Jeene
Jeene:

That's kind of trippy... I can assure you that the only official voice of Kermit the Frog since the passing of Jim Henson has been a gent by the name of Steve Whitmire. There's a wonderful interview with him elsewhere on the Muppet Central site.

Hope that helps!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I will say that what little I did hear of the Extra interview did not sound like Steve was quite on as normal... is it possible they started using the auditioned puppeteers?

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
No, it was Steve on Extra. When they were taping the little bumper with Kermit at the stamp ceremony, I heard them say something about going to the studio, which I didn't understand at the time, but was obviously about Kermit co-hosting on set.

:stick_out_tongue:

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Oh... and P.S...

You won't be seeing any of the "auditioned" puppeteers any time soon. Not only do they still have the Toronto auditions to do, but after the "chosen ones" have been selected, they are going to make them go through a workshop, according to Martin Baker.

:stick_out_tongue:

bmader

Reaction score
Re: David Ehrlich

jeeneq said:
Folks,

Jeene

Does anyone know for sure this is not true? He has told a good friend the same info. Seems strange he would be telling people this if there was not some truth to it.

smilezz

Reaction score
I met him in San Francisco! He told me the same thing and then some! please contact me for details..I have lots of them.

smilezz

Folks,

Jeene

mrpiggy

Reaction score
Is David Ehrlich the voice of Kermit the Frog?

Folks,

Jeene
This is a creepy story. My wife just met a guy who said the same thing in Chicago at the Airport. A google search came up with the same name as a registered sex offender in California and Minnesota. I don't know if it's the same person or not but the guy was clear about being the voice of Kermit and that he lived in both LA and Minnesota. He was "too nice" and weirded my wife out. Whoever he is - he is not who he says he is (ie the voice of Kermit) and his story does not add up.

Status
Not open for further replies.