Kermit and Piggy on AFI's 100 Years...100 Passions

manoftheSTREET

Reaction score
This Tuesday on CBS, the American Film Institute counts down the 100 Most Romantic Movies Of All Time in "AFI's 100 Years...100 Passions".

Among the commentators:

Faye Dunaway
Ali MacGraw
Mary Tyler Moore
Hugh Jackman
Daryl Hannah
Jennifer Love Hewitt
Danny Aiello
Janet Jackson
Kathleen Turner
Harrison Ford
John Leguizamo
Neil Simon
Aaron Sorkin
Peter Bogdanovich
Sydney Pollack
Garry Marshall
Rob Reiner
Cameron Crowe
Robert Wise
Norman Jewison
Anthony Minghella

All well and good, you say, but where do the Muppets figure in?

I'll tell you: Kermit The Frog and Miss Piggy will be making comments about various movies in the countdown as well.

So, all Muppet fans, set your VCRs for another Muppet appearance:

"AFI's 100 Years...100 Passions", Tuesday Night, 8:00 PM Eastern on CBS.

Sincerely,

John "manoftheSTREET" Kilduff

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Adding it now to the front of the site...

Isn't it great seeing Kermit and Piggy TOGETHER regularly again? One of the major things missing the past ten years has been the interaction between these two.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just a reminder, don't forget to watch this special tonight on CBS for Kermit and Miss Piggy.

Let us know what you think about the appearance.

Lu775

Reaction score
Their appearence was great! But alas, all too brief!

(don't even get me started about the list of movies picked...)

scarecroe

Reaction score
CRAP! I didn't read this post until today! Could someone elaborate as to how Kermit and Piggy were featured? What movies did they comment on, what did they say, how long was their screen time?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What I remember about the show is that Kermit and Piggy were talking back and forth about "Breakfast at Tiffanys". Then, Kermit said something to the effect of "If Piggy was in this movie, they'd have to call it breakfast, lunch and dinner at Tiffanys". And Piggy looks at him intently and gives Kermit a big karate chop, "Hiii-yaaaaaaaaaaaa!"

There might have been more but that's all I saw.

Sorry you missed the post Scott. If you see a "yellow" indicator on the front page next to the TV Appearances section be sure to check it out. Sometimes we know several days in advance about an appearance and other times it's just a few minutes.

Lu775

Reaction score
Hey Phil- Yes, that's right, the Breakfast at Tiffany's comment. :smile: That was their only appearence on the whole show, I'd say it was about a minute, tops.

muppet_fan_1

Reaction score
Very sad

Yes, regretably, I watched the entire show hoping and waiting for another appearence, but alas, the "Breakfast at Tiffianys" comment was their first and last.

But anyways...yes. forgot what else I was going to say...

scarecroe

Reaction score
Oh boo :frown: I wonder how much material Steve and Eric filmed for it? I'd love to see the outtakes.

Say, wouldn't that make for a great special? "Miss Piggy and Kermit At the Movies" - all comentating by the frog and the pig. It could be a prime time 45 minute special!

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
muppet_fan_1

I watched the whole thing to and bored myself for that one little clip, it was nice though. Hey and Beauty & the Beast and Lady & and Tramp were the only two animated flims that made it in.

Zack)Rowlf the,Kermit reruns on hollywood squares this week,Dog.