Just saw Muppets in 3D @ WDW. Question

Gonzoid247

Reaction score
Hi ho, folks.

We just returned from a trip from my first ever trip to Walt Disney World. Of course, I made a beeline to Disney Hollywood to see Muppet Vision 3D. It was incredible. The whole presentation was, from the walk-thru to the waiting room to the movie and theater.

"We surrender! We surrender!" :crazy:

My question is, has the queue video been reshot? I ask because I noticed some of the voices seemed different (Sam and Scooter). When was it reshot?

I'm sure there is a thread for this already but I couldn't track it down. I've been a Muppets fan for life but this attraction rekindled my love. It did it so much so that I spent an obscene amount of money at the gift shop after.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
There have always been rumors about a new show, but the entire pre-show and show are still the original. Muppet Wiki has lot's of info about the whole attraction.

Glad you had a great time! I'm so jealous because I was supposed to go down for New Years, but now we're not going back until probably 2010. :frown:

EDIT: I should mention that when this was filmed, Richard was already quite ill, and I believe the main show was intentionally written to exclude speaking parts of his characters (Scooter and Janice of course do make a background appearance on a bicycle), however he was quite involved for the pre-show. Frank is also credited as doing all his characters still at the time.

I have noticed that where you actually stand in the pre-show area can affect the audio, so it's possible the acoustics of the theater, how many guests were in the lobby and how much they're talking could possibly affect the sound.

Gonzoid247

Reaction score
There was very little talking since folks were watching the screen. Sam's exasperated sounded un-Oz-like and Scooter's voice did sound not quite as Hunt-like.

The video also seemed to be very clean, as if shot for high definition.

I may be very off-base here and I have nothing on which to base it beyond my own ears and eyes -- it was my first experience --but it all seemed a bit too crisp for something recorded ca. 1990.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Ah yes, I remember when I saw the show for the first time (I believe it was in '97). I'm hoping to go back to WDW for my 30th birthday and hopefully it'll still be there :big_grin:

I believe my family's favorite part of the pre-show was that Max character :smile:

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
I have MV3D on a DVD-R from that kermeclown MC member that use to hang around here :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
There was very little talking since folks were watching the screen. Sam's exasperated sounded un-Oz-like and Scooter's voice did sound not quite as Hunt-like.

The video also seemed to be very clean, as if shot for high definition.

I may be very off-base here and I have nothing on which to base it beyond my own ears and eyes -- it was my first experience --but it all seemed a bit too crisp for something recorded ca. 1990.
I still have never seen it. :embarrassed: But it could be that they're sticking in a few new things? We will see if there are any more reports. :confused: