Jim Hill Muppets article...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I do take Jim Hill's information with a grain of salt, as you've suggested. Much of it here seems on point except for the idea that one Muppet film was scrapped for another when it's likely just a title change now that they have a firmer idea of what Disney wants out of a Muppet film.

It's a little sad to hear that the Halloween special has been bumped another year or so, but it sounds like this time next year will bring a theatrical Muppet movie.

I also have heard that Disney's prepping a lot of product goodies not yet announced that are to coincide closer to the film hype. The Pook-a-looz plushes, the Vinylmation series, towels, shirts, shopping bags and more have already come out thus far. I have a feeling we'll probably still get quite a few more product trickles before then.

Luke

Reaction score
Its nothing new, just a good round up of stuff happening (and yes, a name change probably to the movie, since the team is exactly the same). I find it more interesting how he used to write negatively about the Muppets and didn't think they had a chance .... now he's had a very quick change of opinion it seems lol

Beauregard

Reaction score
While we are on the subject of upcoming Muppet projects, whatever happened to that CD they were putting together of famous bands playing their songs?

terrimonster

Reaction score
I don't know, it sounds like they have scrapped a movie idea, albeit in favor of one that was rumored to have been scrapped itself. I don't think the "Cheapest" title would fit the Segel script from what I've heard about it. There was a lot of speculation that "Cheapest" had replaced "Greatest" after D23. This would seem to indicate that this was the case, but that they've reversed that decision.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't know, it sounds like they have scrapped a movie idea, albeit in favor of one that was rumored to have been scrapped itself. I don't think the "Cheapest" title would fit the Segel script from what I've heard about it. There was a lot of speculation that "Cheapest" had replaced "Greatest" after D23. This would seem to indicate that this was the case, but that they've reversed that decision.
This seems very speculatory. Even we don't know what's going on, and we've heard nothing but conflicting reports. I think if one got scrapped over the other, we'd have heard it from a source MORE reliable than Jim Hill. If they decided to give it a name change or they announced a movie they had no plan of making is still up for debate.

It's a little sad to hear that the Halloween special has been bumped another year or so, but it sounds like this time next year will bring a theatrical Muppet movie.
I'm REALLY hoping to get a Muppet Halloween special at some point. They've been foiled SO many times, it goes back all the way to the late 60's, early 70's before 90% of the characters have been created. They have no short supply of Christmas specials, and frankly, I like Halloween specials a LOT more. I don't want the only ones to be Elmo says Boo and Sesame Street Halloween Adventure. But if bumping means they're still doing it, I hope it's getting a higher quality of writing from taking this long time to make.

terrimonster

Reaction score
I don't find it plausible that the "Cheapest" title was just slapped onto Segel's project. Actual details may be speculation, but signs indicate that the project announced at D23 was not Segel's. Maybe nothing was ever scrapped - it could have been a teaser rather than an actual project title - but that title wouldn't make sense with his original script.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
an there was no mentoion of Muppet Show season 4, or Studio DC almost live DVD's being released as well.

Mupp

Reaction score
an there was no mentoion of Muppet Show season 4, or Studio DC almost live DVD's being released as well.
That doesn't mean that they won't happen though, they are probably still in the works.

I find it more interesting how he used to write negatively about the Muppets and didn't think they had a chance .... now he's had a very quick change of opinion it seems lol
Yes, this is not the first time that Mr. Hill has flip-flopped on a subject.

Actually, that happens a lot many so-called "Internet journalists"

beaker

Reaction score
Ive been following Jim Hill for years, and he's ALWAYS been a rabid pro Muppet fan. His pessimism was shared by me, the the house of mouse wasnt doing anything with them. For five years.

This article is right on, and I learned a lot of new tidbits. I like the name change to the movie, I like how they shelved the halloween special, I like how theyre making an authentic Rizzo puppet, I cant wait to see what theyve added to MV3d(hope that and whatnots workshop comes to California Adventures), and just loved the overall enthusiasm of the article

he took the article down for some reason, but here it is cached
http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...uppet+merch+pipeline&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us