Jim Hill Muppet Update

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
Hey guys. I know everyone here pretty much dislikes Jim Hill (the jury's still out with me, but his grammar drives me CRAZY), but he's updated his site with a review of Before You Leap. Of course, this book came out in September, but whatever... It's like all of his reviews, lots of great quotes, very little reviewing. But he says he likes it, so for anyone who hasn't bought it yet (I doubt they're on this forum), it highlights some cute stuff that might convince you.

But the big thing is... He says there's some big Muppet news he's posting on Monday. Can we trust him? Who knows, but Muppet news is something we haven't had since DECEMBER, so...

Vic Romano

Reaction score
As troublesome as Jim Hill may be, I'm glad he's around. We need someone to keep things shaken up, and I'm glad he's willing to talk about the Muppets. Remember, there's no such thing as bad publicity! :sing:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
No such thing as bad publicity huh Dave? Try asking that of Don Ainas. And apparently, Gary Thorn with the whole controversy of Sockgate he's started refering to Kirk Schilling's blooddy sock from 2004.

As for Jim Hill... Muppet news? Can we trust it? Yeah, along with a pinch of salt. Personally, I go to GelflingWaldo when I need to go to someone for my Muppet news.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
yeah me 3 on GW! Jim Hill says things like that ALL the time "I got BIg news, but it will have to wait til monday"... pffft! yeah lol, he has to give him self a few days to make it up lol :smirk:

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I'm sorta curious as to what this is... any guesses?

Hopefully, it won't be something that we don't already know... Hill doesn't seem to be as savvy as we are on Muppet "current" events, so if he repeats anything we already know then I'm going to beat him up.

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
The dude hasn't even talked about the Presentation Pilot even though he's supposed to know everything about the Mouse House, so it could be that. I *hope* that if it IS the 2007 PP, it's an update on the stuff wez guyz know(z). For example, I'd be ecstatic if I heard this:

"So there was this presentation pilot the Muppets filmed back in December and it was viewed by Disney officials in January. Well, it's been green-lit! Expect to see it as a mini-series during the summer and, if it does well ratings-wise, as a mid-season replacement on ABC next winter!"

Those are my dreams, albeit told in a less-eloquent fashion.

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_h...harm-for-disney-s-muppet-revival-project.aspx

He's updated with Muppet info like he said.

It's a very interesting article, talking about how the head of the Muppets Holding Company/Muppet Studios has been changing for the past three years, with each of the heads wanting to take the Muppets in a different direction.

Jim Hill expresses high hopes for the current head, and says that, although he doesn't know the current status of the 2007 Presentation Pilot, they are currently making short films to promote the Muppets among American tweens who watch The Disney Channel. Anyway, check it out. Let's discuss.