Jim Henson's memorial service

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Here's something I'm curious about: would this event be available on video anywhere? Did it air on TV? I've seen some clips from it (both on Time Life DVD #3, and yesterday on CBS Sunday Morning), and from what I've seen so far, it looks nice.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. After seeing that, I just kept wondering if such a tape exists, since there's obviously footage of it around.

Boy, that'd be weird to watch.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I think the footage that exists was shot privately, possibly by the company or the Henson family. I don't think it was broadcast (unless something was done locally in New York City). I have never heard of it being offered for sale, but two places that could possibly have it in their reference libraries are The Centre for Puppetry Arts in Atlanta or The Puppeteers of America Audio Visual Library. It's also possible the Library of Congress in Washington could have it or The Museum of Television and Radio in New York.

Most of these institutions will allow the public to view items in their collection by appointment or special arrangement.

I'd imagine that the Jim Henson Legacy might also have this material. I don't know what their current contact info is, but I imagine you could ask The Jim Henson Foundation at info@hensonfoundation.org how to get in touch with them as I believe the two organizations are closely affliated.