Jim Henson Internship

DriedDragonFly

Reaction score
So I looked on the website..and it said to write to find out about other skills needed for the internship. I write, asking about those skills and I stated that I was looking to gain an internship for the summer of 2004. So what do I get back? A generalized reply that doesn't help me at all. Yeah...mmmm. :grouchy:

BorkBork

Reaction score
Give'em a phone call. Maybe the generic answering machine knows better :big_grin:

Rizzo1177

Reaction score
Internship at Henson

I was an intern at the Jim Henson Foundation in 1998 during the International Festival of Puppet Theater. It was truly an amazing and enriching experience.
My duties generally were of the copying/clerical nature. I was helping to organize the Festival final report for the Foundation's Board Meeting. I had to copy any news articles that featured the Festival (and there were many!!) and I had to call the publications to find out circulation numbers and demographic items like that.
I often got to play at being the "gofer" as well. I was fortunate enough to get to tour the Workshop. I had the pleasure of clearing out the exhibit files and learning everything I could about how a tour of Muppet paraphernalia is put together.
I got to attend the Christmas party and meet lots of great people. It is really a wonderful atmosphere.
The building itself was worth it to see. I made some really good connections there and saw a lot of amazing Muppet items.

I think you should definitely apply. Incidentally, I was rejected for the internship but ended up replacing someone who was griping about being "better than making copies." So, remember, you're an intern, doing "intern-y" type things.

Good luck!!

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Don't take the "generic" reply personally. Companies like Henson often field thousands of enquiries per year and it could easily be someone's full time job to write personal replies! The best thing to do is follow their guidelines as best you can, tell them who you are and what you're all about and chances are (eventually) you might get in if they have something that matches your skill set.

Good luck!

DriedDragonFly

Reaction score
Actually

I sent an email to the henson website (fan mail), they were really helpful :smile: