Jim Henson Company announces Fraggle Rock™ Forever Collection

Luke

Reaction score
THE JIM HENSON COMPANY ANNOUNCES FRAGGLE ROCK™ FOREVER COLLECTION​

~Fan Favorite Brand As Popular As Ever~​

HOLLYWOOD, CA, September 29, 2009 –The Jim Henson Company announced today that it
is launching a new merchandise collection, Fraggle Rock™ Forever based on the global
fan-favorite brand that is as popular today as it was when it premiered more than 25 years
ago. The collection slated for both the specialty and department store market will have a
tiered rollout with a selection of product due in store for holiday 2009 with much more to
come in spring 2010.

“We have found Fraggle Rock to be an extremely desirable franchise among the hip fashion
industry around the world. The property’s appeal is especially strong to many of the young
men and women who loved Fraggle Rock as kids and who are now working in the apparel,
accessories and retail business" said Melissa Segal, Senior Vice President of Global
Consumer Products for The Jim Henson Company.

The Fraggle Rock Forever collection, which celebrates the whimsy and celebratory spirit of
the classic series, will feature product in categories including apparel, tote bags, belt buckles,
jewelry and classic plush. In addition, adult Halloween costumes aimed to appeal to Fraggle
fanatic men and women will be available in 2010. Deals have been completed in the U.S.
with Bioworld Merchandising, Manhattan Toy, and Rasta Impasta and in the UK with Fashion
UK as well as with the popular fashion driven chain Zara which will have Fraggle Rock tees
available in their stores around the world.

Also bringing the collection to a new level are hot trend driven designers such as Dr.
Romanelli based in Los Angeles and Carri Munden of London based Cassette Playa who
appeal to fashion influencers. They are collaborating on the creation of a range of high end
clothing which will be featured in upscale boutiques this holiday season. Dr. Romanelli will
also be interpreting the brand via a micro-site at http://www.drdoozer.com/ which will host not
only the collection of tees, hoodies, jackets, and posters but will also house Fraggle Rock
music remixes by hot artists plus clips from the series. (An “under construction” teaser page
is online now with the full site to go live in November.) Also, part of this boutique designer
collection will feature a high end costume jewelry line designed exclusively by Anita Ko in
collaboration with jeweler Pascal Mouawad.

Lionsgate is rounding out the Fraggle Rock assortment with the release of Fraggle Rock: The
Complete Series Collection. In addition a new DVD special, A Merry Fraggle Holiday and
the much requested Fraggle Rock: The Complete Final Season (Season 4) will be
debuting on DVD in time for the holiday 2009 shopping season.
The Jim Henson Company is also launching virtual merchandise including video ring tones
and mobile wall paper.

http://henson.com/press_releases/2009-09-29.pdf

Nick22

Reaction score
sounds pretty awesome! sorry for the lack of enthusiasm, i'm excited, but i'm rully tired.

zns

Reaction score
So it's true. "You Cannot Leave the Magic". :smirk::busy::excited:

Drtooth

Reaction score
These all sound cool and all, but is there any chance of toy related merchandise. I see a Toy company is listed, but it seems if they're going the route they're going, they'll be designer toys. And as cool as that could be, I really would rather see something classic PVC style.

I wonder if the molds of the Schliech figures are still around.

Luke

Reaction score
I was quite excited about the remixes of Fraggle songs and posters.

Anyway this is all good for building up the profile to a possible movie.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I'm excited about Fraggle Rock song remixes :smile: And I'd love it if I could have, like, a Red necklace or something.

CoOKiE

Reaction score
Sounds good...

I'm only interested in the remixed songs and Plush... but only if more then 4 characters are made in the plush section... Otherwise i'll pass. I'd hate to have so many Fraggle collections and never a complete set, all over the house.

But what does "classic plush" mean? Obviously they're not going to remake Hasbro plush... i wonder if they were just trying to be more fancy lol

Kermieuk

Reaction score
All sounds intersting, and nice to see the UK mentioned too.

As a 32 year old male though I wonder how much of this merchandise will be any good to me, maybe I'd buy Tees and a belt, if I like it, but probably most this stuff will be aimed at the fashionable female market?

The online bit and plushes sound interesting?

Chris

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm only interested in the remixed songs and Plush... but only if more then 4 characters are made in the plush section... Otherwise i'll pass. I'd hate to have so many Fraggle collections and never a complete set, all over the house.
Again, I stress the fact that it was the fault of the retailers passing on a third set of FR plush. I'm sure Sababa was just dying to get out Mokey and Matt... same problem plagued the Palisades lines.

I agree, though... I don't want remakes of Hasbro or especially the Tomy line up (Blehhh... Red looks okay, everyone else... not so much).

But whoever winds up making those kind of plush, I'm sure they'd learn Sababa's mistake, and instead of cautiously adding one or 2 characters a year, we'll get them all at once.

Anyway this is all good for building up the profile to a possible movie.
A brilliant move that they should have done, and should keep pressing. I've noticed all this Smurfs pre-hype merchandise... some of it clearly meant to get kids to want to know the characters enough to drag their parents to the movie (I really hope they get a new script, and they don't work on that icky current one)... and I'm noticing a big resurgence of Marvin the Martian merchandise as well... again, clearly to draw interest in his movie. I've also noticed some spotty Hong Kong Phooey stuff as well.. but that's usually just up to the Hanna Barbera classics line.