Jazzy Spies #1 and Baker #1 ... do they exist?

zyzzybalubah

Reaction score
So I collect Sesame Street audio to put on my iPod. Problem is, I have Jazzy Spies 2-10, and Baker 2-10, but do part #1 for both series exist anywhere? I can't find them if they do. Anyone have them or do these even exist?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, here to help out.

As far as I know the Jazzy Spies series of segments only included sketches for the numbers 2 to 10, with no sketch for the number 1.
As far as the Falling Baker series, there is indeed a Song of the Number 1 as part of that series. The sketch ends with the baker bringing out 1 wedding cake. Talk to mikebenedict, I believe he has all the ten Falling Baker sketches traced to the episodes they appeared in and might get you the Song of the Number 1.

Hope this helps and have a great night.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I have read that the Baker film for 1 is the rarest of the baker films. I guess that could have to do with the fact that 1 wasn't a sponsor untill the 1980s, and they stopped showing the baker films in either 1986 or 1988.

So there are actually people here who have the 9 sketch, featuring Rowlf? I didn't think anybody here had any copies (though I read a comment at You Tube regarding the 4 segment that theperson who uploaded that sketch on You Tube has all of the Baker films except for 1, and apparantly that person didn't know that there was a sketch for 1).

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... It's entirely possible that the person who uploaded the Song of the Number 4/Falling Baker segment who commented they had all the segments except for the Song of the Number 1, not knowing its existance, was most liikely zyzzybalubah the forum member who started this thread asking if such segments existed.
As for having the Song of the Number 9/Falling Baker segment, you'd have to talk to mikebenedict about that. I know he can tell you which episode featured it, but you'd have to check with him to see if he actually has the episode in question.

Hope this helps, have a good post-Christmas day.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
#1 Baker film

Yes, this film does exist, but was only shown a handful of times during the
70's. I was lucky enough to catch it maybe two or three times, tops.

To the best of my memory, here were the items featured:

Bill Polnazecki (who later appeared as Wally with Paul Price as Ralph, in their skits as Wally and Ralph, imitating the original Buddy and Jim skits) opening a door with a question mark to reveal one cow.

Another door opening to show one Little Bird (as performed by Jim)

Brian Henson emptying his piggybank and finding... one penny.

The kid with the dark skin and curly hair showing one wind-up toy (I believe it was the monkey playing the drum)

One spot missing from my memory. Remember, the last time I saw this clip, I think President Ford was in office, so it's been a while.

And finally, the baker falling down the stairs with one wedding cake (that must've been a task to clean that mess up!)

And That's The Song Of One!!!!!!!

Soul H

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, the thing you are missing is 1 bellybutton.

fuzzygobo said:
Yes, this film does exist, but was only shown a handful of times during the
70's. I was lucky enough to catch it maybe two or three times, tops.

To the best of my memory, here were the items featured:

Bill Polnazecki (who later appeared as Wally with Paul Price as Ralph, in their skits as Wally and Ralph, imitating the original Buddy and Jim skits) opening a door with a question mark to reveal one cow.

Another door opening to show one Little Bird (as performed by Jim)

Brian Henson emptying his piggybank and finding... one penny.

The kid with the dark skin and curly hair showing one wind-up toy (I believe it was the monkey playing the drum)

One spot missing from my memory. Remember, the last time I saw this clip, I think President Ford was in office, so it's been a while.

And finally, the baker falling down the stairs with one wedding cake (that must've been a task to clean that mess up!)

And That's The Song Of One!!!!!!!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The Count said:
As for having the Song of the Number 9/Falling Baker segment, you'd have to talk to mikebenedict about that. I know he can tell you which episode featured it, but you'd have to check with him to see if he actually has the episode in question.
Actually, according to Muppet Wiki's guide to these sketches (listed as Number Song Series), the nine segment debuted in episode 16, and I found an episode page at Muppet Wiki (I can't remember the episode, but it's from the late-1980s) which listed this sketch. The person who contributed to that page must have a copy, as all sketches from that episode were lsited, in order, and I can't imagine somebody being able to remember everything from that episode, and in order too, going by memory (as opposed to actually having a copy).

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, like I said above... You'd have to talk to mikebenedict himself, as I wouldn't be able to answer these questions owing to the simple fact I don't have as great an SS episode library as some of the veteran tape traders on this forum.
Talk to the person themselves, they might have the episode and be able to help you obtain a copy of the sketch in question.
Hope this helps.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, I don't do tape trades online. I was just amazed that there was somebody here who had a copy of the nine segment.