Japanese Sesame Merchandise Site

shimauta

Reaction score
I just came across this site offering some cool Japanese Sesame Street merchandise. It even has various imported goods from other countries!

http://www.rakuten.ne.jp/gold/sesame/

Sorry, it is only in Japanese it looks like...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Cool, but it looks like quite a bit of the stuff came from the US. The Gund Finger puppets, the Kurt Adler ornaments....

I'm much more interrested in Japan specific stuff, myself. Especially their own coproduction characters. Someone once posted a blind box toy/Candy set that I'd love to get my hands on.

shimauta

Reaction score
Sorry, I didnt realize that. I have lived in Japan so long I am not sure what is released in the states and what is not. I figured the "import" section contained all of the items from abroad and the other sections were local products. I will keep my eyes out for Japan specific stuff and let you know!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Some of that stuff is really cool - the Sesame figure sculpts especially! I haven't seen some of those around. The Kermit one, however, I do have. I'm not crazy about that particular sculpt. It's been around for a while (pre-Palisades) and I now compare it to the Palisades Kermit log mini-pvc of the similar pose. Makes that one look like Pac-Man. LOL! :smile:

But some of those SS PVCs look impressive compared to what I see these days in the stores. And the Radco (sp?) ornaments are beautiful as well. Thanks for sharing the link! :wink:

Pino

Reaction score
Sorry, I didnt realize that. I have lived in Japan so long I am not sure what is released in the states and what is not. I figured the "import" section contained all of the items from abroad and the other sections were local products. I will keep my eyes out for Japan specific stuff and let you know!
Please do! I had seen some fingerpuppets from arthur and pierre and I really are searching for those!
Any japanese sesamestreet versionstuff is welcome! :wink:

shimauta

Reaction score
Oh, I think I might have seen some arthur and pierre finger puppets at a second hand store! I will have to stop by there again and look!

Pino

Reaction score
If they have.. can you help me get them please?
Greetings Paul