I've started the "Mokey Revolution"

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Here is an e-mail I just composed and sent to HIT:

=====================================

Hello,

I purchased HIT's release of "Fraggle Rock: The Complete First Season" last year, and I was extremely impressed with the entire package. The discs were top-notch, the artwork was beautiful, and the replica of Jim Henson's notepad was a joyous delight for true Muppet fans.

I am also very excited about the release of the second season of "Fraggle Rock". However, many fans (we have been vocal about this at MuppetCentral.com) are upset over the cover art. We have noticed that the picture of Gobo is from the first prototype of Gobo which only lasted for 13 episodes in season one, and even more glaring is the complete omission of Mokey.

Mokey Fraggle is a core character of the series, one of the "Fraggle Five" as the group is known (Gogo, Mokey, Wembley, Boober, and Red). It is upsetting to see that one of the major fraggles is left out of the cover art. Mokey has a number of episodes centered around her, she provides a unique aspect to the show with her place in Fraggle Rock, and the fans are frustrated to see her simply left out---and out of other product art---while the other four main fraggles remain on the cover. It may be different if the cover only had two or three fraggles on it, but to have all but one seems jarring and unfair.

We would all appreciate it if you could include Mokey on the season two cover, and if possible replace the original prototype Gobo with a picture of one from season two.

In the meantime, please don't get me wrong. We fans have adored the first season's episodes and packaging and are very grateful to HIT for getting this beloved, important show out to the public. We just hope the terrific quality will keep up in these future releases.

Sincerely,

A Muppet fan,

Byron *******

=================================================

The Mokey Revolution is on!!!

King Prawn

Reaction score
That's a very well written letter, good job :excited:

I like the fact that you pointed out how we're very impressed with the Season 1 DVD and grateful for the Second one but at the same time we need Mokey on them and I agree fully had it simply been Wembley, Red & Gobo on the cover it wouldn't have been so bad seeing as not all 5 of them are there but to just leave her out and adding the other four makes it kind of hard to just accept the fact that she's missing from the cover art.

Though I must always remind myself it's the contents of the DVD's that are important but I love having nice covers along with the discs.

I'll be very intrested in knowing what they have to say about the matter please keep us posted

Muppet Matt

Reaction score
Nice job on the letter! You had a little spelling error, it's Gobo, not Gogo.:smile:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Thanks you two...and "d'oh!" I didn't catch that "Gogo" error! I was intensely passionate about writing the e-mail so must've glossed over it, LOL...:embarrassed:...hopefully whoever reads it will do like I did and not catch it. :wink:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hopefully... And the person reading that letter won't just throw it out, confused thinking...
Gogo? That wacky dodo from Tiny Toons?
What's this guy thinking of...

Twas a well-written E-mail letter... Seriously hope they restore Mokey to her true glory amongst the other of the Fraggle Five... Not sure if there's time to correct the error though since these babies are basically getting prepped to ship out in about a month's time.
Maybe for the Season 3 cover art... Keep us informed if any news on the Mokey Revolution become apparent Byron.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Mokey revolution, all right! Let's take it all the way! Sorry, got a little carried away there!:embarrassed:

Java

Reaction score
Very well written, let us know how hit responds to you.