Is it me or have I NEVER HEARD ANY OF THE NEW GUEST STARS?

MrMuppet93

Reaction score
Ok, I like and respect Sesame Street. But I am out of touch with today's kids. Though I've been sometimes careless with the internet, I've been careful NEVER to use TikTok (yeah ha ha Trump hoo-hoo). I use Instagram and YouTube.

Is it because CTW picks internet stars that won't be relevant 8 years from now?

I also like to stream old cartoons and Goof Troop (on Disney+) and the major Nicktoons (on Paramount+), instead of watching every single network and cable show that they like.

I know trends on celebrities, but mostly ones I admire. If you want good stars, how bout I email you some I follow online, CTW (yes I know it's Sesame now, but I can call it whatever I want). Oh yeah, that's right. Either you've done them before or parents will scream before it airs on HBO Max and PBS. So is it me, or have I never heard any of the new guest stars. I can only associate that one guy (forgot his name) because of the Academy Awards red carpet and complaints by religious groups. That was the last guest star I knew about.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I can only associate that one guy (forgot his name) because of the Academy Awards red carpet and complaints by religious groups.
Billy Porter.

The only reason I'm even familiar with Kelsey Ballerini is because she's from my hometown, and she's been featured on our local news quite frequently as her budding career as a country music singer (big shock) has taken off.

Literally the only time I've even heard of Haley Steinfeld is because her name was mentioned in those glasses commercials about her being among one of today's hottest stars, though I literally never heard of her before that . . . she's supposedly also a singer and an actress, but I've never heard her music, or seen her in any movies before.

Getting back to Billy Porter though, it's kind of ironic, but years ago, he was a guest star on an episode of LAW & ORDER: SVU where he played a popular and well-loved music teacher and TV personality who was being set up as a child molester, and the detectives actually compared his case to Kevin Clash's! Granted, Kevin was never mentioned by name, but this episode took place shortly after Kevin's situation, and one of the detectives mentioned the music teacher's celebrity status is about to change for the worse, adding, "Everyone loved Elmo too."

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Ok, I like and respect Sesame Street. But I am out of touch with today's kids. Though I've been sometimes careless with the internet, I've been careful NEVER to use TikTok (yeah ha ha Trump hoo-hoo). I use Instagram and YouTube.

Is it because CTW picks internet stars that won't be relevant 8 years from now?

I also like to stream old cartoons and Goof Troop (on Disney+) and the major Nicktoons (on Paramount+), instead of watching every single network and cable show that they like.

I know trends on celebrities, but mostly ones I admire. If you want good stars, how bout I email you some I follow online, CTW (yes I know it's Sesame now, but I can call it whatever I want). Oh yeah, that's right. Either you've done them before or parents will scream before it airs on HBO Max and PBS. So is it me, or have I never heard any of the new guest stars. I can only associate that one guy (forgot his name) because of the Academy Awards red carpet and complaints by religious groups. That was the last guest star I knew about.
I guess it depends on what kind of media you consume these days. Like, for the Elmo talk show's new season, I have no idea who the majority of the announced musical guests are because I don't really follow modern music. But I know the likes of Aidy Bryant or Amber Ruffin because I watch comedy stuff.

Literally the only time I've even heard of Haley Steinfeld is because her name was mentioned in those glasses commercials about her being among one of today's hottest stars, though I literally never heard of her before that . . . she's supposedly also a singer and an actress, but I've never heard her music, or seen her in any movies before.
She's in the True Grit remake (I believe) and Edge of Seventeen (a perfectly adequate coming-of-age movie). She's starring in the upcoming Hawkeye show for Disney+.