Internet Explorer 7

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
The final version of IE 7 is now available at:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.mspx

I downloaded it yesterday and overall I'm not to impressed with the new version.

IE7 has "Tabs". They allow you to open up mutiple webpages with the same browser window.
Personally I prefered the old way when I would just open a new window entirely for a seperate web page.

But the Tab feature can be disabled, (which I did.)

Also your Favorites are now called "Favorites Center" and incorporates your favorites, RSS feeds, and History.

Microsoft did away with one of my favorite features and that was when you opened the web page full screen and you had your favorites folder opened on the left side, your favorites would appear and disappear as you moved your mouse to the left of the screen. IE7 doesn't do that anymore.

The menu Bar is disable in the new version, but you can reactivate it, but it doesn't seem as if you can reposition it to the very top like one use to, even with the toolbar in "unlocked mode."

There is a new Search feature within the tool bar, but I still prefer downloading Google's own task bar with better features.

One interesting feature is that printing within IE7 allows you to shrink the print of a website to make it all fit in less pages when you are printing out a web page. Kind of interesting.

Overall, I don't think version 7 is anything special. :smirk:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Then I'm not gonna' download it! :attitude:
Thanks for the review, OUA!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've already got whatever version I have installed onto my PC, so I don't really need to download anything; besides if I did download it then my computer would become invested with viruses and worms and then it would die.