Ingrid appreciation thread

Princeton

Reaction score
Ingrid, of course, being wife to Humphrey and mother to Baby Natasha. I've always thought Ingrid was a very underrated character with a great voice ( I swear, it's the only character Joey Mazarrino performed that doesn't sound like all his other characters) and a great overall design. In general, I think the introduction of the Furry Arms was a low point in the series but happily it gave Humphrey and Ingrid that much more scree time. So who else loves Ingrid?

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
I like Ingrid, but personally I prefer Humphrey. They're both kind of the same character as far as I'm aware, two bumbling fools in love. Joey actually used the Ingrid voice for one other character, in a one off Sesame Street skit called "The Flying ME".

The 90s was a great time for Sesame Street characters. We also got Chicago the lion, Kingston Livingston, Joey and Davey Monkey, all of whom are very underrated as well, and Prairie Dawn became a real main character.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
As per Muppet Wiki, it seems as if Biff had an increase in exposure in the 1990s, particularly by the mid-1990s. It was also a decade when Biff's wife was revealed, and Biff later revealed he turned 40.

I don't know what became of Biff's sidekick, Sully, by the 1990s, as I don't recall seeing images with Sully alongside Biff in original segments in the 1990s.

It was nice to learn that Biff did make a one-time return in Season 40, but as a non-speaking cameo.

Last edited:

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
When did this suddenly become the Biff appreciation thread? :big_grin:

datman24

Reaction score
Well, then what the blue **** did you comment for?
Well, let’s be honest, Ingrid isn’t exactly one of those characters that people have much appreciation for (or even talk about for that matter). She’s one of those characters that to those who grew up watching mostly forget about (and for very good reasons).

Princeton

Reaction score
Well, let’s be honest, Ingrid isn’t exactly one of those characters that people have much appreciation for (or even talk about for that matter). She’s one of those characters that to those who grew up watching mostly forget about (and for very good reasons).
Still none of that explains why you would comment on a thread celebrating a character you don't care for. And the addition of an "in my opinion" might go a long way. Also, it's because she's largely forgotten that makes her a perfect character for an appreciation thread.​
The 90s was a great time for Sesame Street characters. We also got Chicago the lion, Kingston Livingston, Joey and Davey Monkey, all of whom are very underrated as well, and Prairie Dawn became a real main character.
I was actually planning on doing a Chicago Lion appreciation thread in the future.

datman24

Reaction score
Still none of that explains why you would comment on a thread celebrating a character you don't care for. And the addition of an "in my opinion" might go a long way. Also, it's because she's largely forgotten that makes her a perfect character for an appreciation thread.
I mean, if you like her, that’s great, but I doubt there are many others on this forum who share those same sentiments. Because of this, you’re probably not going to get a large response from the community on this thread.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Yeah, I don’t have much to say for Ingrid. Never liked her or Humphrey much. Their voices go right through me.